What is happening with your PC now, any remaining issues or concerns...

Posted (edited)

If you select Ctrl - Alt - Del keys together from black screen boot does the power button option show bottom right of your screen, if so select that option then select "Restart" does that reboot to normal screen..?

Edited by kevinf80
added text..

Just tried it Kevin, CTRL ALT DEL, security screen, and restarting from lower right, it does not reboot to normal, still black screen

Can you still access the hidden admin account and run successfully from there...?

yes! Hidden Admin account still works perfectly, ive been able to run from here, but still not from original admin account (still has black screen)

Hello ARINEEDSHELP,

This black screen issue is indicating your user profile maybe corrupt, run the following fix with FRST..... Profile.reg will be saved to your Desktop, zip that up please and attach to your reply...

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Thanks,

Kevin..

fixlist.txt

Yes Kevin! pardon my late reply, the account with black screen is CHRIS (but i think it used to be named HP-miller)

Yes that was the account I was looking at in your profile list: C:\Users\Administrator.miller-HP

I`ve attached profilelist.zip to this reply, unzip to yor desktop so you have profilelist.reg. Double click on that file, agree any merges or alerts. Reboot, does that acount boot normally..?

The only change is to that account...

ProfileList.zip

Thanks for the update, I half expected the answer you gave. There are a few reseason why an account becomes corrupt, usually the first fix we just tried with the updated reg file can work, in your case unfortunately, it did not...

Go here: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14039/windows-7-fix-corrupted-user-profile

Follow the instructions in that link under "My computer is in a workgroup"

Thank you Kevin! I will definitely do that, but are there any of repair fixes to try? such as system repair or chkdsk etc? any other ideas? im definitely willing to attempt more with your amazing help!!!

also Kevin! i have these odd files on the C drive for USER HP  (black screen) they are duplicated and very odd, they were created the day the problems began, also This problem began because i did something similar to this guy https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/uac-all-corrupt-every-user-account-permissions-etc.2635125/

What I Did to Cause the Corruption:

"I “Right Clicked”, on the “C Drive”, I then clicked on “Properties”, then I clicked the “Security Tab”, then “Advanced Tab”. I then proceeded to click the “Change Permissions” Button, then the “Edit” Button. I gave myself “Full Control” which applied to “This folder, subfolders, and files”, along with the “Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only” Checkmark. Clicked “OK”, then I placed a Check mark on “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”, and chose “OK”. Then before I was able to proceed to click all the “OK” Buttons until I was done, the computer started applying all the “Permissions”, which seemed to look like it was going to take a very long time, so I clicked the “Cancel” Button. After what seemed to be forever, I tried to “Stop” the “Cancelling Process”. I had no luck, so I then pressed the computer’s “Power On” button until it was Shut Down. I know this was the dumbest thing I could ever do."

In my case however, I was simply trying to clean out unnecessary files and changed the rights to AVG anti virus and turned off protection, after that, all hell broke loose! so should I attempt to uninstall AVG completely on HP, from hidden admin account? and also try to change the permissions for HP via this hidden admin account? please let me know your thoughts! I look forward to your response, thanks again!

some notes from LOGIN DATA:

C : \ W i n d o w s \ s y s t e m 3 2 \ v c s F P S e r v i c e . e x e

C : \ P r o g r a m   F i l e s   ( x 8 6 ) \ C o m m o n   F i l e s \ E g i s T e c \ S e r v i c e s \ E g i s T i c k e t S e r v i c e . e x e 

P E A U T H   \ D r i v e r \ P E A U T H

7 \ R E G I S T R Y \ M A C H I N E \ S Y S T E M \ C o n t r o l S e t 0 0 3 \ s e r v i c e s \ v w i f i m p ?

Those files are nothing to worry about, personally if this was my own system I would delete the account that boots to a blackscreen and either use one of the other accounts or create a fresh account. Those actions can be done through the hidden admin account..

These are the accounts you have:

C:\users\Administrator.miller-HP - This one boots to black screen..

C:\users\Moms Account

C:\users\HP

C:\users\miller

I do not believe running System File Checker (SFC) or DISM will make any difference to the problem account...

Tweaking.com have a tool to reset all settings etc to default, that may possibly help.

Hello again Kevin! tried those options (Tweaking.com) to no avail!!!, I want to ask you, before just creating another profile, should I try a "Non destructive (preserve user data)" reinstall of windows 7 home premium? please let me know your thoughts!!! check this out also, very similar issue Im having right now :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-uac-causes-blank-screen-on-logon/9f37b69d-cdb3-4fd2-bef1-4eeb86884257

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks