Need help with virus/spyware problem

Mshigh13

It appear that in the process of doing work on my tower, I received a virus, or several. It came at the bottom that I had a virus, need to run an antivirus software. It kept bringing up Microsoft 'anti virual' something or other. I kept stopping it and was going to d/l spy doctor but then decided to d/l spy terminator. I was still able to get on the internet as well as download the spyware killer. My previous experience with malware it deleted some programs at work so I didn't want to try that initially.

In this process of doing that, I rebooted my tower. When it was rebooted, the background changed to 'warning you have virus' can be get in emails, yadda yadda the typical virus information for you to but something. At this point, a program named 'total security' kept attempting to run. Also, there is no access to open anything. I could not open the anti spyware nor any other program. I attempted time and time to open the control panel, the antispyware, MS DOS anything. NOTHING.

I realized it was going to be harder then I thought, so I downloaded Anti Malware onto a flash drive. I put it into the USB port only to not let it open either. I rebooted again and then it said the task manager was disabled by the administrator. Last time I checked I WAS the administrator.

Needless to say I am stuck after attempting several things. My BIGGEST question is how to force run a program so I can get malware to fix it. OR how can I open MS DOS to run it and how can I do that being I am unable to open anything even in an external HD situation.

Thank anyone in advance who can help me....

Michelle

Hi and welcome to the forum! :P

Please read and follow ALL the instructions below. Thanks!

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here:Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

* Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.

* Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.

* Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

* If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.

* Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.

* There are often many others that require assistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

* NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can

Thank you for the information. If you read what I wrote, I am unable to open the anti malware program on the affected computer. I am trying to find a way to open it.

ok the first link says: Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program

Well, I can not do that as the affected computer will not allow any programs to be opened.

i am also unable to open the program to post logs so can't do that either

Any ideas?

Thank you for the information. If you read what I wrote, I am unable to open the anti malware program on the affected computer. I am trying to find a way to open it.

ok the first link says: Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program

Well, I can not do that as the affected computer will not allow any programs to be opened.

i am also unable to open the program to post logs so can't do that either

Any ideas?

disregard this i will do in the green, thank you