Your product is blocking the above website. Yet after check with several other services including googles safe-browsing service I find no reason for the site to b e blocked. 

All I was trying to do was visit the website.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.57.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.55.59 AM.png

5 minutes ago, Kulwiuck said:

Your product is blocking the above website. Yet after check with several other services including googles safe-browsing service I find no reason for the site to b e blocked. 

All I was trying to do was visit the website.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.57.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.55.59 AM.png

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database. Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in the next couple hours or so.

142.93.127.115/3dg3/us/?t=(844)%20838-5318&bk=56b7068a

It was actually the IP, not the site, that was blocked. This was caused by malicious content found at;

So, knowing that there are literally millions of shared hosting sites in the world you choose to block based on IP address instead of domain name?

The content was directly on the IP itself, or we wouldn't have done so.

So how long will it take to get the block removed from my website?

The updated database should already be out. Please let me know if you're still seeing it with the latest database.

I would like to have more details about the block that was placed on my website. It has been removed.

When was the block placed?

Do you have a screenshot or the file that was causing the hijack issue?

How many times was the website checked for the issue?

The block was put in place September last year. I don't have a screenshot etc, nor know how often it' been checked since.

Again however, the block was on the IP, not your website.

do you have a way for me to track whether or not you’re blocking any other websites of mine? 

maybe a page that listed blocked sites?

Unfortunately not, no. The only thing we have is hpHosts (hosts-file.net) that is public, but that is not definitive as to whether we block something (e.g. hpHosts is a HOSTS file (hostnames/domains) blacklist, it does not support (as the HOSTS file itself does not support such) and would not tell you, if we were blocking IPs). Nor would it tell you whether our extension blocks something.

why haven’t you added *.google.com to your hosts-file.net list. i cannot imagine a more prolific malware distribution outlet.  or one with a more onerous or devious intent. 

Because I can't (that is about the simplest answer I can give to that).

Fact is, in this case, the malicious content was on the IP itself, not a specific domain, else the IP would not have been blocked, as I've already advised.