Win32Kstream problems

I have some kind of virus that shuts down malwarebytes a few seconds into the scan. I had Antivirus 2009, but after running a scan with STOPzilla that seems to be gone. Stopzilla still shows that I have a Win32Kstream trojan, and after I remove it and reboot, the trojan reappears. I have read the "I'm infected--" forum, but I can't get past the first step since the malwarebytes scan isn't allowed to run. I downloaded and tried to run HijackThis, but the same thing happens, it starts to scan and then shuts down after a few seconds. I tried to open HijackThis again to see if I could find the log files and I get an error message that reads

"windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have appropriate permission to access the item."

I copied this off someone else's thread but this is me! I've run Stopzilla and keep getting the Win32Kstream back. I can't get any of my other scans to work. I, too, get the "windows cannot access ..." message.

Any help would be appreciated.