programs getting "windows cannot access specified device, path or file" error

Hello and thanks in advance for any and all help.

I am running windows xp pro and have avg free 8.5.409 and Malwarebytes anti-malware. When i first noticed the problem i was able to run anti-malware and i updated it, but when it was finished updating i got the error "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have permission to access the item." AVG was running at this time and i started a scan with AVG and it found several problems:

in my temp folder it found:

mowaxemcs.tmp

mowaxemcs.tmp (5808)

rasvsnet.tmp

rasvsnet.tmp (6116)

reaxwnsocm.tmp

reaxwnsocm.tmp (4852)

xpre.tmp

xpre.tmp (5724)

in my system32 folder it found:

net.net

net.net

net.net (5196)

however, AVG is unable to heal or remove the infections (the program says the scan result manager is not initialized).

The problem itself seems to be the exact same problem that ozchilli is having here (hijackthis and rootrepeal also getting the same error message as above and as ozchilli is getting).

It seemed there was some computer specific stuff going on so i decided to make my own thread. If i should follow the exact same steps that ozchilli is taking, just let me know.

I ran the win32kdiag tool and it generated the attached log file. (If you can also let me know what you are looking for in some of these log files i would greatly appreciate the knowledge... if, however, thats too much to get into here, just point me to a website that has that info)

Win32kDiag.txt

someone can close this thread... its irrelevant now...

my computer started giving me a blue screen before windows loads that i couldn't prevent... had to reinstall windows.

although i was wondering what other programs there are that can help protect my computer (that are free) besides mbam and free avg... though i am assuming that question probably belongs in a different thread...