Winson

Ran malwarebytes on Windows 10, now won't boot

I need help badly! My laptop got infected some malware, so I ran MalwareBytes and it found about 200 things to remove. I told it to remove them, and then it said it had to reboot the computer.

After rebooted cant boot into windows and reboot automatically. The screen now stop at Choose an option and cant boot into safe mode!

am running Windows 10 if that helps. Please someone tell me what went wrong and how to fix it.

Hi, I tried System Restore but its won't work for me. Without the system restore point.

Okay, without a System Restore Point you will need to run some type of repair or locate the actual error causing the failed startup.

Please see if the following posts are helpful

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-system-repairrecovery/c41a9915-dceb-428f-b564-f44c4e7b522e

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-windows-10-mbr/dccc20ae-ff02-481b-9840-b8efe4275ab5

Windows 10 system repairs not work for me too. I try to run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool whether its useful?  

If you can get in and zip up the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes folder and attach we can look and see if we can find a specific reason.

However, one of the methods is to do a repair install which in almost all cases will fix, repair almost any issue so if that did not work I would not be hopeful that we'll be able to find, fix a specific file issue.

Let me know though, and if you can zip the folder and files we'll take a look. I would backup all your personal data though to an external hard drive just in case you need to do a full reinstall of Windows.

Ron

Hi, is there any ways or software that I can recover windows systems files back to previous state? Coz i thought the malwarebytes was remove some of my system registry files.

If you had previously setup System Protection and created a System Restore Point then yes, absolutely.

If you can get into this folder:   C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\ScanResults

Then copy just the newest file there to an external USB drive and then zip it and upload it to me it should tell me what it found and what it changed. It has an extension of .json but that's just a text file and can be opened using Notepad.  An example file name, your name will be different, is like:  7c3af892-a29d-11e9-8kef-2c56dc3f1add.json

That would be much easier than repair reinstall of Windows.

How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

How to Reset Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html

Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/rescue-files-when-windows-wont-start/862c143f-9239-4e63-8968-635e8ba9efd6

How to Reinstall Windows 10 with this media
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2342-reinstall-windows-10-media.html

Thank you for the file. Let me check with some others in Support tomorrow and see what we can do to reverse this change. The don't get in to work for about another 8 hours.

Hi, hope it can reverse my system back to normal. Isn't wish to reset or reinstall my windows.

I was run the FRST program since when I can't boot into windows.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Recovery Environment Scan
Follow the iinstructions below to download and execute a scan on your systemem with FRST from the Recovery Environment, and provide the logs in your next reply.

Item(s) possibly required:

• USB Flash Drive (size depend on if you have to create a USB Recovery or Installation media)

Preparing the USB Flash Drive

• Download the right version of FRST for your system:
  • Move the executable (FRST.exe or FRST64.exe) on your USB Flash Drive

Boot in the Recovery Environment

• Plug your USB Flash Drive in the affected computer
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows 10, follow the instructions in this tutorial on TenForums
    Note:If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial on TenForums.

Once in the command prompt

• In the command prompt, type notepad and press on Enter
  • Notepad will open. Click on the File menu and select Open
  • Click on Computer/This PC, find the letter for your USB Flash Drive, then close the window and Notepad
  • In the command prompt, type e:\frst.exe (for the x64 version, type e:\frst64.exe and press on Enter
  • Note: Replace the letter e with the drive letter of your USB Flash Drive
  • FRST will open
  • Click on Yes to accept the disclaimer
  • Click on the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete
  • A log called FRST.txt will be saved on your USB Flash Drive as well as Addition.txt. Attach those files in your next reply

Please download the following file and save it to the same location as FRST which currently appears to be F:\

Then in the Recovery Console run FRST64 and click on the FIX button. It will save a new file there. Post that back please.

The contents of the FIXLIST.TXT file are as follows so you can also create this file in NOTEPAD if you want and save it in location with FRST64

FOLDER: C:\FRST
FOLDER: C:\Windows\System32\config

The file you need to post back will be named: Fixlog.txt

Thanks

fixlist.txt

11 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please download the following file and save it to the same location as FRST which currently appears to be F:\

Then in the Recovery Console run FRST64 and click on the FIX button. It will save a new file there. Post that back please.

The contents of the FIXLIST.TXT file are as follows so you can also create this file in NOTEPAD if you want and save it in location with FRST64

FOLDER: C:\FRST
FOLDER: C:\Windows\System32\config

The file you need to post back will be named: Fixlog.txt

Thanks

fixlist.txt 53 B · 2 downloads

Hi, how long it will take to solve the issues?

I need to review this and make sure we don't make a mistake. I'll will try to assist you this weekend but can't promise as I'm not officially working on the weekend.

Ron

3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I need to review this and make sure we don't make a mistake. I'll will try to assist you this weekend but can't promise as I'm not officially working on the weekend.

Ron

Thank you for helping me, i need my windows system back to working as its my workstation.

I understand, but if we do it wrong it will never boot up again. If you really cannot wait then you can try the Windows 10 Reset which won't remove your data.

No im not taking the step to reset windows. If then System environment, installed software, browser bookmarks everythings will lose.

Okay, we're going to try the following restore operation. The issue though is that I think it is from a FRST run after you were having trouble. If that is the case then it will not fix it. It will basically put things back exactly as they were on 2019-07-18 13:36

Please copy this file to the location where you're running FRST from which looks to be:  Running from e:\

Then inside the Recovery Console run FRST64 and then click the FIX button. - (remember fixlist.txt must be in the same folder as FRST64 so that it can find it)

fixlist.txt

It will restore the registry hive files and restart the computer. Let me know if it restarts back into Windows or not now.

Thanks

Ron