NEC3341A

another Lifetime Licence MyAccount issue

Similar issue to Dtheofil  except that I haven't used the full version for well over a year. My ticket number is 2663705. So is it going to take nearly a week.....or longer to get a support response? 

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi,

You did not mention just when you created the support ticket.  That said, you should get a reply in 1 or 2 business days after creation.

The first response is by the automated system.

Please see these 2 pinned topics
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/249277-lifetime-license-issue/

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/249141-having-licensing-issues-after-a-malwarebytes-upgrade/

Thanks, but I had already read those two threads before posting. I created the ticket today. The reason I asked if it was going to take a week or longer to get a response is because Dtheofil apparently has been waiting (and may still be waiting) for nearly a week without support responding to his/her ticket. 

3 minutes ago, NEC3341A said:

Dtheofil apparently has been waiting (and may still be waiting) for nearly a week without support responding to his/her ticket. 

It is up to each user and it depends on the thoroughness of the information submitted  once it is worked by support so they can take care of the issues with the least amount of replies back and forth. Also be sure to check your junk/spam folder.

Folders checked. And what exactly is the "it" in "It is up to each user..."? How long they wish to wait for a response from support? That seems a bit odd.

We are volunteers here.  We can only provide generic advice.  If you created the ticket today, I would expect you would get 'possibly' tomorrow, Friday more likely.  But that is a guess.  Support volume can be high.  They answer in the order of first in, first replied to. 

I believe Porthos was saying be sure you provided all relevant detail in your ticket.

How many lifetime licenses do you have?  what message are you getting ?

Are you able to login to MyAccount ?   ( although that is not a must).

Surveying each of your Windows machine, what does each say under "Account Details"   {  Malwarebytes >>Settings >> "Account Details" tab  }

Is this about one single license ?

That is a curiosity I have about the specifics of your situation.

Patience is needed on your part.  While it is understandable people wish a quick fix, do understand that the Support team is working faithfully.

Also

The first thing you need to know is that there have been zero changes to the original terms of your lifetime license. We haven’t stopped honoring lifetime licenses and we aren’t discontinuing support. 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/249277-lifetime-license-issue/

Maurice, I appreciate and thank you for the support you are trying to provide. And yes, I know you and a few others on this forum are volunteers. My comments aren't really meant for you or the other volunteers.

I've been a Malwarebytes customer for over 10 years now, so in one sense I and many other loyal customers could be characterized as having the patience of Job...we're still here. Once again, this company has created far more work for themselves than was necessary and, once again, inconvenienced their paying customers in the process; all for the sake of some bad actors -- thieves.

But hey, we all got an apology...once again.

Hello @NEC3341A

I have looked for a ticket based on your email address used here on the forums but was unable to locate one. Did you use another email address? What is your ticket number please so that I can check on it.

Thank you

Ron

6 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @NEC3341A

I have looked for a ticket based on your email address used here on the forums but was unable to locate one. Did you use another email address? What is your ticket number please so that I can check on it.

Thank you

Ron

Thank you, Ron. As I indicated in my original post: "My ticket number is 2663705" And yes, I did use another email address for security and privacy reasons.

I apologize, I missed the ticket number. Looking at your ticket you say you attached your receipt but I do not see the attachment. I will submit to have an Agent assist.

Thank you

Ron

My license is still not associated with my account, after confirming my license with receipt and directly dealing with support for several days now. Let's just see how long this takes. Please note: You're not going to get rid of me until you actually finish the job you said you would do. 

Remember, this is what Malwarebytes does best:

1. Create completely needless problems out of a lack of basic foresight and common sense.

2. Foist those created problems on paying customers without warning.

3. Blame thieves for all the difficulties that they (Malwarebytes) themselves created/enabled in the first place.

4. Force customers to prove they are in fact customers and not thieves...... due to the problems they (Malwarebytes) themselves created.

5. Make these customers -- who've just had to prove that they're not lying thieves -- wait days/weeks for a resolution.

6. And then have the nerve to tell us that we need to be patient.

Wait for it..... "I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems"

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were offended by someone being polite.

Your last reply to the Support Agent did not let them know you were having any further issues. In fact I would expect the Agent to possibly close the ticket on Monday as resolved unless you let them know you're still having issues. They do not monitor the forums and have no idea if you don't tell them. I would recommend you update your ticket with any concerns you have and they will more than happy to address your issues.

Thank you

Who said anything about being offended? I'm not offended. Taking offense implies some sort of personal affront -- that hasn't happened. Your Support Agent was in no way offensive to me and very polite as you point out. Nevertheless, that doesn't change the fact that what I had originally requested in my support ticket has yet to be resolved -- My license is still not associated with my account -- and it's now been 5 days since I submitted my ticket!

The only thing accomplished at this juncture is a confirmed acknowledgement from Support that I indeed purchased a lifetime license for Malwarebytes in October, 2012. I didn't need that confirmation because I already knew that! But it took Support 3 days to come to that conclusion. Here is where the Support Agent left off on Thursday:

"I am working on getting the license to appear in your new portal profile and I will contact you again once I have confirmed this has been completed."

Nothing, nada, zero, zilch has transpired since that last bit of communication. How in the world does it take Malwarebytes Support days (for some, weeks) to finish such simple tasks? It seems that the only way to get the attention of Support is to loudly complain on this (their) support forum for everyone to see? It also seems that many people wait until day five or six to start complaining and only then does anything start to happen. 

Since I've been down this road before with Malwarebytes, and have watched this pattern of non-response - complain - response over and over again, I'm not waiting five or six days before getting the ball rolling, and neither should anyone else!

We are paying customers who are being required to prove that we actually are paying customers prior to getting any assistance because of the inept decision making on the part of the company's top brass! You may think that's the way loyal customers ought to be treated in your world, but that's not the case by any stretch of the imagination in my world.

And for the record, I have been exceedingly polite and grateful to the Support Agent who was assigned to me, and I don't for a second think the problems I'm describing are the result of this individual's efforts or actions.

Day #8 and Malwarebytes Support still cannot associate my license with my account, and this after getting multiple responses - almost daily - from Support a couple of days after submitting my ticket, including this morning indicating that they're still working on the problem. Must be a really tough one to crack.

The Agent has replied to your ticket and says that your license has been transferred to the requested email address for your My Account and you should be all set now.

Sorry for the length of time taken. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you

Ron