bumblebee

Ad redirect on "safe" site, is it malvertising?

Hi,

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum but I'm a bit worried after visiting a site (urbandictionary.com) deemed "safe" by Norton safe search in which whilst I was scrolling down the page I was suddenly redirected to https://betterfunnels.febesirone.online

(This isn't the full address of the redirect as I'm worried about posting it in full as I think it may have private identifiers in it...)

I've run a scan and it hasn't identified any malware but I don't know whether this is a very new site. I put the address into Norton safe web and it comes back as an untested site.

I'm so careful about the sites I visit so this was a bit of a shock...

Does anyone know about this redirect (https://betterfunnels.febesirone.online) and if it's harmful to android devices?

Thanks for any feedback offered.

Just to add a bit more info...the redirect was a phone rewards type thing and it knew my network provider (it was mimicking their web design as well). That's all I got from it because I closed the page down quickly so didn't read the finer details....

25 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Yes - Malvertisement.

Thanks for your response to my post David. 

If this is a malvertisement what should I do?

Posted (edited)

Think about what sites you visit and your browsing habits and avoid sites that have a propensity for pushing a malvertisement.

Edited by David H. Lipman

Hi @bumblebee,

As long as you didn't enter any personal information, you should be fine.  If you start getting pop-ups, clearing your history and cache will help stop the ads from reoccurring.

Nathan

Thanks for the advice @mbam_mtbr, I didn't enter any personal data and ran a full scan afterwards and no malware etc found so think things are ok! No pop ups since.

Just now, bumblebee said:

Thanks for the advice @mbam_mtbr, I didn't enter any personal data and ran a full scan afterwards and no malware etc found so think things are ok! No pop ups since.

@mbam_mtbr