abustraan

Excluding False Exploit Detection

Whenever I try and run any of the functions such as Shutdown, WOL, Open C$ Via Lansweeper I get an exploit blocked/quarantined warning from Malwarebytes.

I tried to create an exclusion, but when I attempt to specify the exclusion for exploit detection, the box is greyed out.

Any thoughts?

Exclusion.PNG

Quarantine.PNG

You need to do this from the policy itself. Go to the policy, under the Windows tab, then settings, then Advanced Settings, see my example screen shot below. Then be sure that you turn the toggle switch off for that application. 

image.thumb.png.f6ddc0084fdd57043507ebe1528a9a59.png

Exclusions also work differently for Exploit Protection.  You must exclude based on the detected exploit itself, not the executable.  According to the documentation found here exclusions for Exploit Protection require the MD5 hash of the detected exploit, not the file/path.  This is because Exploit Protection works differently from the other protection components where it looks at application behavior, scripts, individual threads in memory and other factors to make its detections and doesn't just look at individual specific files or processes, so its exclusions work quite differently from the way they do for other modules as well.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you continue to have any trouble with the feature.  In the meantime you may also report any false positives from Exploit Protection to Malwarebytes Support or directly to the Malwarebytes Research team here.