kev

MWB Endpoint Protection Cloud

I'm having problems installing MWB on remote agents.

As far as I know, you download the exe or msi from the cloud portal. The installers have all the details needed to make contact with the cloud server embedded already.

My only issue is what to put for the proxy settings.

We have a proxy in the office but obvs the laptop users don't have a proxy at home. but there's only an option to use the proxy or not. There's no way to tell it to use the system proxy settings.

How should I handle this?

Hello @kev

If the users do not have a proxy at home, then you can just leave that section blank and skip it as it will use their home internet connection to connect to the cloud console.

Warm Regards,

I believe what the OP was concerned about is the fact that these users work in a BYOD environment and when they bring their laptops in to work they do need to connect through the proxy in the office, but when at home they obviously don't, so the issue is whether or not the product can be configured to simply honor/use the proxy settings configured in Windows for the current connection rather than having to enable/disable the proxy setting in Malwarebytes manually each time the connection changes (i.e. the user brings the device into the office where there is a proxy, then takes it home where there is no proxy).

Malwarebytes traffic is TLS encrypted, always outbound to identified servers.  There is nothing inspectable and we disallow interception.  Malwarebytes runs as a 'SYSTEM' proxy.   The resolution most customers use, is to configure to pass-through of the proxy to Malwarebytes' servers, only.