bromomomo

Having a problem with Malwarebytes, deluge and some IP

Please, tell me how to get the Malwarebytes log because i don't know, i get into the folder in program data and i don't see any log file showing what my actual problem is.

Malwarebytes keeps spamming this everytime i have deluge on:

image.png.335f71c1b243895618f5b849ab87575f.png

An IP is being classified as a trojan and i don't know what is causing this because in Deluge i have no active torrents nor any activity of downloading.

So what is the problem?

Hello bromomomo and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Deluge is a Torrent client, Malwarebytes is blocking outbound calls from that software to a suspicious IP address. I assume you are aware of the perils of using such software and associate software...

If you want to continue using Deluge the best option is to block outbound calls with your Firewall, the software will still work but the alerts will cease.....

To open logs from Malwarebytes..

Open Malwarebytes, select > Reports > then checkmark (tick) most recent "Scan Report" entry > then select "View Report" > "Export" > Text File (*.txt) name and save that file to Desktop or somewhere of your choice, attach to your reply...

Open Malwarebytes, select > Reports > then checkmark (tick) most recent "Website Block" entry > then select "View Report" > "Export" > Text File (*.txt) name and save that file to Desktop or somewhere of your choice, attach to your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin...

Thanks for the answer. Can i have an explanation of what is exactly an outbound call in this case?

I know the risks, but i only have torrents on private sites and i don't share a lot of things, so idk what can be causing such thing.

I'll try that firewall thing, but i'm afraid that will block me from sharing anything.

An IP address or Internet Protocol address is a numerical label used for communication between devices and or software, websites, host or network interfaces. in your case Torrent client "Deluge" is trying to connect to IP 109.202.103.170 Malwarebytes deems that address as suspicious so blocks the call. Read at the following link:

https://cleantalk.org/blacklists/109.202.103.170

Probably the safest option is to stop using the torrent client "Deluge" or create a Firewall rule to block outbound calls, the Firewall rule will not stop file sharing actions..

https://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Program-with-Windows-Firewall

Okay, thank you. I have the firewall like this right now:

image.png.049e0a0df5b6358bd8f232ac02e65fe6.png

Should i left it this way?

Yes that is correct, obviously a new rule will need to have been set for Deluge in advanced settings to BLOCK outbound calls...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks