Premium License ignored on upgrade

The is the first time this has happened to me with MBAM.  I have had the PRO/Premium version since 2013 on this CPU.   When I clicked on 'YES' for the upgrade to  3.8.3, the upgrade ignored my registered premium license and I now have the free version.  I have read most of the latest threads here on the subject (and those similar), and from the expert responses, it appears that I should not try to re-activate the license myself as it may exasperate the situation further.  I followed the advise and opened a support ticket and included  a screenshot of the email regarding my payment and the key ID/license info (ticket 2657236).  In the email I asked if I should try to re-activate my license myself.  

Support auto replied with a recommendation to a link to read about 'license exceeds max. device activations on a windows device'   which I found confusing as I have not received that message and  'myaccount' indicates that my license and key ID is already registered. That was confusing.  Also, my question was ignored, so I am left with assuming that support will be doing something at their end to remedy the situation.  Am I understanding this correctly? 

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

You may try to resolve this yourself using the Deactivate or Deactivate all function under your My Account page at My.Malwarebytes.com and you should then be able to reactivate the software on your system again.  If that doesn't work then wait for Support to respond to your ticket and they will assist you, but simply deactivating the device currently listed under your account should free it up so that you can use your license key again to get the product reactivated.

Both 3.7 & 3.8 changed to trial on two licenses. After some time (hours or less) they got registered ok. I manually downloaded the new version both times, so could be different.

Edited by KenW

• Root Admin

Hello @Leo2

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues activating the program. I tried to locate your ticket based on the email you're using here on the forums but was unable to locate a ticket. Can you please let me know your ticket number so that I can check on it for you.

Thank you

Ron

Hi, Leo2,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes for Windows using the Support tool.

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

After that is done, then do the License activation

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1142

NOTE:  A PRO lifetime license is only for use on one machine.  It is a single seat license.

If you get another maximum seats exceeded, that means the key is in use already.

11 hours ago, Leo2 said:

I was told to reactivate my license key but the 'activate' key is grayed out. 

Did you remembet to check the little box"I have an ID and Key? Do you get green check marks in each line when you put in your key? Make sure if you are copying and pasting there are no spaces before or after the numbers.

Support asked me to run the  support tool again yesterday and send them the logs.  They contacted me today and now all is in working order at both ends.  The activate key is no longer grayed out -  I entered my lifetime  premium license and key just now and all looks as it should. I'm happy!

So, a big thanks to the MBAM Support Team and the volunteers here on the forum who gave me some much appreciated guidance.