RetiredChief

Amazon Assistant

MWB is reporting Abb@Amazon.com.xpi as a PUP. I believe that that is the Amazon Assistant extension for Firefox, which was isolated by MWB, and which, after I finished the MWB process by restarting the computer was no longer installed in Firefox.

Hi

We detect this as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) however it may be wanted by some.

The detections are safe to remove or if you would rather keep the extension then you can set an ignore rule for the detection so we no longer detect it on future scans.

How to set an ignore rule in Malwarebytes --> https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1130

At the risk of seeming to be argumentative, I do not understand why a Firefox extension which has to be intentionally downloaded and installed, to  the best of my knowledge, would be considered a PUP. The intentional process of downloading and installing it, do not meet any reasonable definition of "unwanted."

If it is then decided that it is the "unwanted" part of PUP, it is an extremely simple process to remove it, not even requiring a reboot.