sellma

I wont be renewing my other licences with you as i cant afford it .

Sorry, i will be leaving you. At the moment i have 1 premium account on a 2 yearly cycle and an old lifetime licence. this covered 4 pc's in total. This change now leave my 2 pc's unprotected, which i cant afford to buy 2 additional licences for these computers. So when my 2 yearly licence expires i will be looking for a deal that cover 3 pc's.

4 minutes ago, sellma said:

So when my 2 yearly licence expires i will be looking for a deal that cover 3 pc's.

A 3 pc yearly license is 59.99.

Hi @sellma 

If you are looking for new subscription licenses, this link is a sale  3 seat subscription license.

Nice Maurice - $29.90 for 1 year subscription to cover 3 devices. I don't follow sales but good price find.

There are sales like that here and there. I personally have a few of those keys left my self and been saving them for a client with 3 computers but most of my clients have only one. 🙁

@Maurice Naggar

So that sale on Amazon states that the list price is $39.99.  Porthos had mentioned a price of $59.99 for a three seat license.  So my question is, after a year when the license needs to be renewed, will it renew for $29.90, $39.99, or $59.99?

Thanks
Bill

The link I provided lists for $ 29.90  for a 3 seat subscription.  Note this sales item has limited quantities.

It seems to me that the cost will be the same on the renewal.   But if you found a lower total cost a year from now, you can cancel the old subscription and get a new one.

31 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

you can cancel the old subscription and get a new one.

The boxed versions do not auto renew.

Nicely done! The original poster left and now some of you found an Amazon deal!!! Rather than address the REAL issue - Something is WRONG with MB here!

While there is a screenshot of the receipt showing 1 device per lifetime licensen-

there are some of us that clearly remember it was 3 device and that when we log into the MB account it states 0 of 3 device.

The screenshot show it was Cleverbridge in US, but mine also legit with receipt from Cleverbridge, already registered in MB account, is not from US. And I clearly remember having a conversation with the sales rep that time about how many device it can cover, since we all have more than one device. Against who would keep a record of the receipt, bank transaction, of chat records, or even a sale ads MB used 10year ago?! 

While it is true MB is dealing with some serious misuse of fake license here - those of us that are legit - some of us remember it as 3 device - unlike those faithful volunteer here. Perhaps we have a different deal? Those is US only have one device and those of foreign has 3?!

Anyhow MB has done the damage - the price will come.... one way or another... Sad ending to a great saga, I say.

How many times do you want your earliest and most loyal customers to  forgive you?! Are you worth it given the recent 'stunt' again?!??? Very sad indeed.

p/s Those who are leaving MB, may want to consider Linux as a different OS, it could solve many of your other problems. For a start in Linux-land most are free and open source.

Posted (edited)

Hi @Jonahsworm

Completely agree with you that if you have a valid receipt for a lifetime license we will fix it or make it right if it's not working.

As for the 0 of 3 that is for a grace installation. It has never been sold as 3 devices for a lifetime license and no one has been able to show a valid sales receipt to show otherwise. You are correct that we have not enforced the 1 device. The grace is and was designed to allow a user that may have a failed hard drive or move to a new computer would be able to activate the program without having to contact us.

Example of valid sales receipt. It was always 1 License per PC and if the QTY was different you wold get a different license for each QTY value. If you bought 3 the QTY would say 3 and you would have gotten 3 different licenses.

image.png

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/249277-lifetime-license-issue/

If you're having an issue with your license please send me a private message with your support ticket number and I will check into it and see what's going on. I was only able to find one old ticket from early 2018 with no reply back after the agent replied.
Do you have your "My Account' page setup with your license ?

Thank you

Ron

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jonahsworm said:

some of us remember it as 3 device

Here is a FAKE 3 pc invoice. The key was bogus and I bought it in 2015 to test/VET a claim on a website. This company also bills with Cleverbridge.

The AD and the invoice is below.

2019-07-12_00h40_36.png

2019-07-08_15h25_20.png

Edited by Porthos
Replace image with permission from Ron

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

It seems to me that the cost will be the same on the renewal.

The renewal comes from Malwrebytes at current rates if you renew within the program. It is a boxed item and Malwarebytes has no idea what you paid. You would have to buy a few and hold on to them or wait a year and might luck out and find another box at a low price.

Yes like I said - there is a serious fake license issue with MB but I am still not so sure about the 1 device only contract/deal for the legit. Something smells bad.

Anyhow, it was a good run with MB and nothing last forever... People change and company are made up of people.

What we can agree here, gentleman, for anyone, personal and business, that moves to LINUX (or MAC), won't have a MB activation trouble issue. PERIOD!

Right? No more monthly fees either, don't need nothing from the great Amazon either.

Do you agree, trusted advisor?

p/s AdvancedSetup I know what you are saying there (which is the standard narraitve that has been protocol-repeating in MB currently) but back then, I think, MB was branching out and may have offer a 3 license deal for a very brief time, and not in US clevebridge (which so far is use as the proof of 1 license). I suspect, MB may have lost some of our lifetime deal records Or that when MB consolidated all their foreign branches, some kind of deal was made or not made/ackowledge, and now somebody decided to make-force it as 1 device only. Again, as a customer, again, nobody will keep record for 10 year for a consumer product - so the customer is FORCED to take the lost and the blame. We just trusted MB as it was working good for near 10 years... now the unfortunate things happen...

But let's not waste more time and life on this MB issue - One can always go to LINUX if one wants everything free or continue to pay MB whatever MB price demands. It is sad and unfortunate still. Thanks for your understanding. May your god be for you and not against you.

my bad - it looks like MB has MAC + andraoid + iOS covered - so will they have activation-contract issue in the future, say 10 years time??? dear me...

As I said, if you're having an issue with your license let me know and I will do my best to assist you. I have been with the company longer than any employee except one and we have always gone out of our way to help customers. Lifetime sales ended in 2014 and we have never sold multi license until we started the subscriptions model.

If you want help let me know.

Cheers

Ron