MBAM shutting down automatically

Arsenicon

So, I clicked on an exe, and it suddenly vanished. Obviously, a virus.

It wasnt on my C drive, but Im not sure if it would have transferred or not. The internet seems to be working fine, but sometimes, random IE pages open up when i'm not doing anything, always pointing to an ad server (ad.yeildmanager), but the page remains blank. I have MBAM, but If I try to run it from a shortcut, Windows (vista) tells me that "windows cannot acces the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item". This happens for MBAM, and Hijackthis. I am admin of my machine, so this is strange. I then tried to open the file directly from the folder, and I get no response from the computer, and I have tried renaming the file. I ran full AVG scans in safe mode too, btw. Malware Bytes only ever opens when prompted after a fresh install, with and without updating. But, after that, if I start any type of scan, exactly 2 seconds into it, every time, MBAM suddenly closes, and shows no sign of it ever being open. It doesnt go down to dock either.

There was ONE time, however, on boot up when AVG had a pop up warning saying it found a malicious file (this is on boot, before running any scans) in my temporary internet files folder, i think it was. It didnt give me any options for it whatsoever aside from "close". And so I did, and never heard from it again, but this changed none of the circumstances.

By the way, I did scan the exe aforementioned with AVG before opening it, and it said it was clean.

Please help, Ive googled everywhere, and none of the solutions are helpful, because they all require MBAM to run scans, which mine does not.

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!