Same problem here.

What's wrong with you MalwareBytes.

Why can't your idiot programmers work out how to upgrade your software without invalidating my license?????

This is really pissing me off.

Is it always lifetime licenses?

If so maybe they're just hoping all holders of lifetime licenses will give up and buy yearly licenses?

Not just 3.8.3. It happens to me nearly every time recently that new MBAM software installs.

1 hour ago, Walt6 said:

@bdg2 :

NOT by me, only the last update, that was 3.8.3, before ALL was fine.

But as i said, NOT only me got the problems with 3.8.3 !

Btw.: Its NOT a help, you call the MB programmers "Idiots" ---they are NOT, they construct a fine, save, and fast Internt, and PC protection.

You should NOT slander hard working Persons, not all is so easy, as you think,  that is NOT a good behavior, in germany we say you breached the eticette !!!

Come on. Every tiime they've done a version upgrade (1.x to 2.x, 2.x to 3.x) there are dozens and dozens of releases that are simply torally unfit for purpose.

As far as I remember tere wasn't a single 2.0.x or 2.1.x version that I could install on the PC I had at that time that didn't bring it to it's knees.

They seem to adopt the throw something together and keep poking randomly at it until people stop complaining approach to software.

On 7/9/2019 at 5:36 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @bdg2

Do  you actually need assistance?

Thank you

Ron

Sorted now. Got though to your suport on online chat and a new license key has been issued that so far works fine.

The old one is now completely blocked "due to a security issue". Maybe someone had stolen it off my PC? I guess it's not totally impossible.

Glad to hear it was sorted out for you. Thank you for the follow up.

I will go ahead then and close your topic

Take care

Ron