Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Lifetime License assistance please

Same thing happened to me the other day. It also happened previously to me a year or so ago (not sure how long ago). I also have a non expiring licence for 3 PC's from Malwarebytes. They fixed it for me last time. I sent an email to the support team before I joined this forum just now, and see it is a common issue with this upgrade for "Lifetime Users" that bought that option a few years ago.

I give up. I do have my Lifetime license Malwarebytes installed on my main PC. I can go into my account and see my lifetime status. I used to see 3 PC's (1 of which was my laptop) in my devices.

The Program worked fine on each of the PC's and was able to update all the time with virtually no issues at all for more than a year. now. My original purchase of malwarebytes was in 2010 and in 2014 I got upgraded to Lifetime, non expiring status. I sent my License ID and Key numbers to Malwarebytes support and received a ticket number. I explained everything I have experienced in the past and now this time again, and just keep going around in circles going nowhere. I am not trying to get something for nothing I'm not entitled to, but maybe in the past I have gotten it:unsure:.  Anyway, my time is too valuable to me to "beat a dead horse". I really like and trust Malwarebytes, so I guess I'll have to buy one at least one more pay per year License?

Thanks for your time forum members and whatever MB staff monitor this forum

• Root Admin

Hello @BobL27

I have reviewed your tickets as well as your license. All is currently as it should be. Unfortunately just a misunderstanding. All lifetime licenses have always been 1 license per PC. We did allow 2 grace installations so that in case of hard drive failures, computer moves, etc you would not need to contact us. However the intent was never for anyone to install it on more than 1 PC at a time.

You do have a valid lifetime license that shows to be active on one of your systems. The other system will need it's own new license if  you want it to be protected as well. If you like I can speak with someone in support and see about getting you a reduced cost annual subscription for the other system.

Thank you and sorry for any confusion.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/249141-having-licensing-issues-after-a-malwarebytes-upgrade/

Thank you

Ron

21 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thanks Bob. One of the support agents should reach out to you today via your Helpdesk ticket. If there are any issues please let me know.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Nobody got in touch with me yesterday. You think maybe today?

Bob

Hi Ron, I did get an email from Phil, but the link he sent me was just to the regular estore of Malwarebytes. I wrote back to him and I am waiting for more info.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed unneeded quote