Livetime license not work after update to 3.8.3

At Jul 4. in the night in the right side of my PC screen pop up  a window from MB, for a free update.

I have bought my livetime license a long time ago, from a company they ahve overbought it.

MB works fine  for a long time, also I was able to reinstall MB after change from Win7, to Win10,and after upgrade mxy PC with new Hardware(all with help from MB-Support)

So after ive clicked to the update and install, it downgrade me to a 14 days trail membership.

I try the MB removal tool, and try to reactivte, nothing works.

It says ive overdone the number of activations( ive never run MB on more than one PC/device...because i got only 1)

I try to login my account, and because ive forgotten my passwort, click there, MB answer me they have send me a E-Mail, but I dont receive any Mail with new Password, or code from MB.

I wrote MB support, and MB tell me Ive to provide receipt/proof of purchase for license.

How should I proove that ?

The only proove is, that my lifetime licence was active a long time, and all the old chat with the MB support before( Ive saved almost all)

sorry for my bad english, Im german, but i try my best.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Thanks a lot for answering, Maurice !

I know all this points ive to do, but I am unable to login my account(not the first time).

Because that it is not possible to deactivate my license for my one and only PC.

regular, when MB offer me a free update for my existing, and long time on this PC running livetime license, should be  automatically updated , and after installing running regular  as livetime licence, and NOT instantly downgrade to a 14 days trial membership !

Now MB wants a proof/bill, for my  a long time ago bought licence.

Ive no more bill or E-Mail from this time.

But I got more than 10 chats saved, with MB(because upgrade PC Hardware, because change from Win7 to Win 10)

I regret your trouble.  Maybe it would help to know the name of the company that you bought the license from.

I am sorry I have no further advice.  Other than stay with the Support ticket.  Provide them the License Keys.  They can research about that license.

I wish you well.

They give a automatically support ticket number, ive answering instantly, after 24h, some they answering with  anew ticket number.

I answering this ticket, and send my license key/ID....3 days not one beep.

at jul 8th, they want a proof/bill for my license.

After the message i sign up(again) for this forum.

It seems MB got a new owner, or new Personal ?!

That is way too long for Tech Support in my opinion.

I think there was some issue with fraudulent licenses....and all are guilty until proven innocent.  Really sucks. They really should have planned this better.    Or maybe they should have planned.....period.

Its possible there is a problem with fraudlent licenses, but for sure mine is NOT, because I got before(because install new Hardware in my PC, change from Win7 to Win10...set up my Win10 new again) a lot of chat with the MB support and thy proofed my licence is valid and legal.

I think its a issue/bug in the new 3.8.3 Software, because its not only me, got this problems !

It was a forum tread before, and it was closed, only after few answers, and said the "bug is fixed"

I only can see... nothing is fixed.

But my trail membership run out in 9 days, so its a lot of time for the MB support, to fix(or fix not) that issue.

Once you create an account at My.Malwarebytes.com and have your license keys there you shouldn't have any issues like this going forward as you'll be able to reset/manage your licenses without the need to contact Support which will make reinstalling, upgrading, and migrating your license key to new devices much easier.  Right now it's just a matter of getting everyone's licenses into the new system and getting them signed up for accounts so that they can manage them.

@bdg2 :

NOT by me, only the last update, that was 3.8.3, before ALL was fine.

But as i said, NOT only me got the problems with 3.8.3 !

Btw.: Its NOT a help, you call the MB programmers "Idiots" ---they are NOT, they construct a fine, save, and fast Internt, and PC protection.

You should NOT slander hard working Persons, not all is so easy, as you think,  that is NOT a good behavior, in germany we say you breached the eticette !!!

@exile360 :

Its more coplicated, than you think.

A few minutes before I was Able to login my account yet, but:

Ive bought my livetime license a long time ago, tha i change my city, my PC and a lot of other things get lost, also my livetime key.

at my new place i bought a new pc, and bought me a MB year license, this licence now is shown in my account, sadly NOT my livetime licence

After some time, living at my new place, and dig in my old setup CDs and Papers, I found my old livetime licence---NO Problem reactivating !

the customer support must know, the livetime key is no more in my existing account, because my contacts before(changing my PC Hardware, change from Win7 to Win10, setup system new again)

So Ive to wait the customer support fix my problem

Yes, Support will be able to add your lifetime key to your account so that you can manage both your yearly subscription license there as well as your lifetime license, but once that is done you will be able to reset and manage your licenses and devices on your own without having to contact Support so it will be much more convenient.

• Root Admin

Hello @Walt6

Yes, please stick with your support agent and they will assist you. As we cannot help you beyond what the support desk can I will go ahead and close your topic and wish you well.

If there is something else we can assist you with though please let us know.

Take care and good luck

Ron