MarieJoe

Blacklisted after over a decade as a customer

I've been a loyal customer of Malwarebytes for well over ten years.  I've gotten other people to buy as I think it is a superior product.

And last night I had my License Key become blacklisted.   WHY????

I did start a ticket, but who know how long that will take and in the meantime, my computer has no live malware protection....and I am not happy.

I appreciate any help or advice you could give me.

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

1 minute ago, MarieJoe said:

I appreciate any help or advice you could give me.

Just wait on your ticket. Please see below for the reason.

No, that is not my issue.

It is a license I use on only one computer....I have had it for over ten years, without a problem.

Seems like I am being punished for something I did not do.....and I am not happy....my computer may be at risk without live protection.   Waiting for days is not my strong suit.

Hi,

Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.

That same email is what you should use to login to Malwarebytes MyAccount.

https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.

Keep in mind that the Email has to be valid and active.

That being able to do that login and then to see what it shows there for Licenses is an important factor.

If you do not see your license listed there, you can not make headway on your own.  In the latter case, you will need to create a Support help ticket  ( if not already done).

There are several help articles on the Support portal about the topic of licenses, de-activation, re-activation.

Start with Manage subscriptions in My Account  https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1032

Patience is the watchword.
 I would encourage you, if you have not already done so, to create a Help Ticket with Support.   This forum can only provide you generic type help.

Please go to this link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

Provide the detail and submit the ticket.

Do scroll down to the section “Create Ticket”.

Please double check that you supply a valid / properly spelled & correct Email  ( hopefully the same one you used at the time or original purchase).

On the line “How can we help you”

Be sure to Select  “Need help activating a Malwarebytes product”.

11 minutes ago, MarieJoe said:

It is a license I use on only one computer.

If you have ever uninstalled and reinstalled without manually deactivating then it will show multiple activation's and the my malwarebytes acn let you fix it on your own.

I already went to my account.....I have three "actions" available....download...activate and deactivate all.

So I did uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes, but I am still BLACKLISTED....for some unknown reason.

I bought this license over ten years ago from clever...

3 minutes ago, MarieJoe said:

I already went to my account.....I have three "actions" available....download...activate and deactivate all.

Choose deactivate all and wait for a few minutes and insert the key in the program and activate manually.

Okay...I'll try that....

Went and deactivated.....says completed.

Nope.....I am still blacklisted.  All it did was get rid of the little red caution triangle.   And still nothing....no reply to my ticket.

1 hour ago, MarieJoe said:

I did start a ticket

Wait on your ticket

It is first in first out. As you can see it is busy because of this. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for replies as well.

Also, it's easy to tell someone to wait until tech support gets around to you.  You're not the one being denied full coverage.

I've now seen that it can take a week or more to get this fixed.   Seems like Malwarebytes should be on top of this by now.....been going on for months.  IN the meantime, NO LIVE protection....which is totally unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, MarieJoe said:

Seems like Malwarebytes should be on top of this by now.....been going on for months.

This new with the license enforcement changes.

@MarieJoe

What type of license do you have ?  Subscription license ?   how may seats are there if you have a subscription ?

Have you been able to look on MyAccount web help portal?

What does your program on your pc say as far as its status?   Malwarebytes >> Settings >> Account Details

One more thing, if your program status is "Trial" then it does have the same protections as Premium.

one more thing too, just where do you see "blacklisted" ?

Also, keep in mind, we here on the forum can only provide generic type help.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

If that is the case, there should be a protocol to get this fixed fast.  Malwarebytes should take care of their long time customers.

We here are volunteers.  Malwarebytes Support is helping customers in the order of when the help ticket is created.  First in  ( oldest) first out.

link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

You did not provide answers to the questions.

I have a grandfathered license, from being one of the original subscriptions.   LIke I said, it has been OVER TEN YEARS.

It does NO say "Trial"....only free....so no real time protection...that has been robbed from me.

When I try to reinstall my original license key, it will not take it and says it is "blacklisted".  This happened last night....suddenly....after my daily scan.

My account portal looks fine, my license is listed.

Generic help is fine, but why is this happening all of a sudden to good customers?

License enforcement changes?????????     Am I being convicted of fraud by getting kicked out, after these many years??

And @ Maurice....I did answer your questions.

Please take that up with support.  "blacklisted"  is an indicator that the license could have been compromised and in use on several machines.  Or pirated.

I would just point out, if you purchased from Malwarebytes thru Cleverbridge all those many years ago, you should have a Cleverbridge Reference number.

Malwarebytes   will honor all valid licenses.  Stick with the support ticket.

Have you been able to look on MyAccount web help portal?

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I do have old emails from Cleverbridge.  How is that supposed to help me???  They have my license number.....they issued it so they would know....if they ever get back to me. 

Any suggestions how I protect my computer in the meantime??

When will they honor this?   You must have some idea how long it take Support to reply???

IF this is a known issue, there should be some direct support.   I am sure I am not the only one being compromised here.....

And I know about volunteer staff, I am on staff on another forum.

With the Cleverbridge email,  you have a Cleverbridge Reference Number, attach that information to your Support ticket.

I do not know anything as to the volume at Support, but patience is needed on your part.  It may be this Thursday or Friday before you get your ticket handled.

I have to say "blacklist" situation is not that common.  Stick with Support ticket.

I wish you well.  I am signing off this thread.

Thanks for that.   I really appreciate your post and hope you are correct.

This is a pretty frustrating thing to happen.