Top Results.app

Good morning

I've re-run the scan and it didn't find it

I think it came in with a new version of microsoft Office for the Mac, this had a new app Chromium which kept pointing to Yahoo, when I trashed the app it left behind Top Results.app on the desk top which I can't get rid of - this is an ad malware?

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 11.14.42.png

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 11.35.38.png

Hello @BillBuckle:

Your topic has been moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

If the strain is a near typical one, the Top Results.app file is likely classified as a PUP

1. Please save all work and close all open applications.
  2. Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool MBST-Mac.zip
  3. Restart the MacBook's macOS to normal mode.
  4. Follow the 1st six (6) steps of the procedure Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool for Mac
  5. Attach the MWB_info.zip archive file, developed above, to your next reply to this topic.
  6. Also, compress the Top Results.app file as Top Results.app.zip and attach it too with your next reply.

You may continue to use your MacBook as usual.  Please do not take any other actions against the Top Results.app file for the time being

Thank you.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated links

• Staff

We have found a copy of that app and confirmed that it is adware. If you run another scan at this point, it should update the database and detect that app. Be sure to quarantine it, then go to the Quarantine tab in Malwarebytes and clear the quarantine, then restart your Mac.