I received a message to update Malwarebytes and after doing so, I got a message that my license has been used too many times and I have to deactivate one of them?  I thought I'm allowed to use it on 3 home computers.  It's been fine all along until this update.  Can someone help?  There doesn't seem to be any one home on the support page.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, tomfalcone said:

I thought I'm allowed to use it on 3 home computers. 

All lifetime licenses are 1 license per PC.  There was a grace of 3 seats so as not to inconvenience customers that may have failed hard drives or similar issues or move to a new computer. It never was the intent to install on 3 different computers. It's possible if you uninstall Malwarebytes from all computers and then wait a few minutes and then install on only 1 computer and try to activate it then it might allow you to activate it. It will not activate on more than one computer though.

It's been fine all along until this update.

The licensing system has been overhauled recently and the former grace that was built into licenses is no longer present which explains why lifetime licenses are now limited to a single device.  It is true that all lifetime keys were valid for only 1 device at a time from the beginning, however the old system had a built in allowance for up to 3 installations/uses before the system would invalidate the key because users could not deactivate devices they no longer had access to (such as systems where the drive has failed or where they no longer own the systems); now that the new system has been implemented which tracks licenses and subscriptions more accurately and allows users to deactivate their own licenses/devices via My.Malwarebytes.com, that 3 device allowance has been removed.  In the past when you would contact Support for them to reset your license, this is all they did; essentially the same thing you can now do with the Deactivate all function in the My Account portal at My.Malwarebytes.com, however because that 3 activation allowance has been removed and lifetime licenses are restricted to their original single device, resetting the license key only restores functionality for activating a single device.  This unfortunately means that anyone relying on using a single lifetime license for multiple devices simultaneously is going to run into this issue.

There doesn't seem to be any one home on the support page. 

Did you create a ticket with support?

Find my premium license key
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264

Create your My Account profile
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1036

Once setup is complete, you are logged into My Account, where you can:

manage your subscriptions
    view your order history
    retrieve your license keys
    deactivate your licenses
    download the latest Malwarebytes software
    update your billing information

Your My Account profile only shows purchases registered to your login email.  You must set up a new My Account login for each email address you have registered with Malwarebytes.

My Account Login Page
https://my.malwarebytes.com/

Contact Malwarebytes Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

I received a message to update Malwarebytes and after doing so, I got a message that my license has been used too many times and I have to deactivate one of them?  I thought I'm allowed to use it on 3 home computers.  It's been fine all along until this update.  Can someone help?  There doesn't seem to be any one home on the support page.  Thanks. 

Thanks to everyone that posted.  I appreciate the info.  Guess I was wrong all along : (  Will have to get new licenses for the other 2...Thanks again to all.