Lifetime licence not activating

Dangit. Same issue with my Lifetime Premium License.. I don't even remember the email address associated with it, since it was from like 2012 or something. Looks like someone "Accidentally" de-activated all Lifetime Premium Licenses to try to force people into their absurd yearly subscription. 

There are, I believe, one or two different issues that can lead to that.  But by the way, I have a lifetime license and no update has caused the license to drop out.

That is to say, there is no mass deactivation.   It is more like, on a case by  case situation, if a lifetime license is activated on more than 1 machine, it gets flagged.

Otherwise, it is a case of a fluke ( I think) when the upgrade process runs into ( in some case) a hitch or possibly a timeout condition.

Also, by the way, Malwarebytes will rectify all legtimate license issues.  You will not lose what you are entitled to.

Regrets for your troubles.

Have you yet tried to login into the Malwarebytes My Account help portal, just to see what is shown there about your license?

Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.

That same email is what you should use to login to Malwarebytes MyAccount.

https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.

Keep in mind that the Email has to be valid and active.

That being able to do that login and then to see what it shows there for Licenses is an important factor.

If you do not see your license listed there, you can not make headway on your own.  In the latter case, you will need to create a Support help ticket  ( if not already done).

There are several help articles on the Support portal about the topic of licenses, de-activation, re-activation.

Start with Manage subscriptions in My Account  https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1032

Patience is the watchword.
 I would encourage you, if you have not already done so, to create a Help Ticket with Support.   This forum can only provide you generic type help.

Please go to this link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

Provide the detail and submit the ticket.

Do scroll down to the section “Create Ticket”.

Please double check that you supply a valid / properly spelled & correct Email  ( hopefully the same one you used at the time or original purchase).

On the line “How can we help you”

Be sure to Select  “Need help activating a Malwarebytes product”.

I bought it back in like 2012 when there wasn't a website login associated. I tried to go to the site, but the email associated with the original purchase has long been deactivated. I made a new account, but it says my key is associated with another email.

I have the ID and Key, and have used it in the last few years to have support fix issues with my Premium license when my motherboard went bad and I had to reactivate it.

It just seems very convenient that this is happening to dozens-hundreds of people at the same time.

Malwarebytes has no bad intent here.

In your case, you do have to rely on a Support ticket to sort out the issues.

In cases like yours, creating that new MyAccount record is not a cure all.

Meantime, if your program is showing Trial mode, it still has all the protections of a Premium one.

10 minutes ago, kflack said:

I initially contacted Malwarebytes last November after adding my licenses to their management site, and discovered my 3 user license was only for a single user. At the time it still provided me full use on 3 systems so, even though they refused to update the number I decided not to make waves as the licenses were still functional.

Same Issue here on my 3 user license now. It only now allows for a single license to be active after upgrading to the latest version.

I have seen multiple complaints on the BBB site as well where some people have managed to get Malwarebytes to resolve the issue..

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/santa-clara/profile/computersoftware-developers/malwarebytes-inc-1216-252723/complaints.

I actually in addition to providing them with copies of my purchase receipts, had my retailer contact them to try and get the single user updated to 3 user license activated without results.

I have asked that my original complaint from last November be re-opened, I have opened a new complaint and I have now also raised a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I recognize that Malware-bytes is trying to eliminate past licensing issues they may have had, but the solution is NEVER to blame your customer for issues created beyond their control.

(In my case I purchased from a reputable IT company, but apparently is still not good enough...) - I have heard a plethora of excuses of how some older licences were "not valid" , or sold at too old dates, or were sold online without boxes etc.......

I have been promoting this product since before when it was free, and purchased many lifetime copies for friends and family all via legitimate means. So very disappointing to see a company treat its most loyal and honest customers in such a fashion.

Anyone else having these issues I would also recommend your raising a BBB complaint. it appears it is the only route available where reactivation may still be possible.

Malwarebytes Better Business Bureau Complaint # 710161.pdfUnavailable

Amen dude. Exactly how I feel. I used to LOVE Malwarebytes and would only sing praises about it to everyone I do/did IT work for. It's just becoming another monthly subscription crapfest.

• Root Admin

Hello @Husbeard

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with license activation. The issue is that the license you supplied is for a lifetime license and it's activated on more than one computer. All lifetime licenses are 1 license per PC.  There was a grace of 3 seats so as not to inconvenience customers that may have failed hard drives or similar issues or move to a new computer. It never was the intent to install on 3 different computers. It's possible if you uninstall Malwarebytes from all computers and then wait a few minutes and then install on only 1 computer and try to activate it then it might allow you to activate it. It will not activate on more than one computer though.

Please reply to your ticket and send in your proof of purchase so that when an Agent gets to your ticket they will have the information available to assist you properly.

Also, going forward, once you have the license issue resolved I would highly recommend you that you ask your support agent to assist you with getting your license added to your My Account page so that in the future you can manage the license on your own without having to contact support.

Find my premium license key
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264

Create your My Account profile
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1036

Once setup is complete, you are logged into My Account, where you can:

manage your subscriptions
    view your order history
    retrieve your license keys
    deactivate your licenses
    download the latest Malwarebytes software
    update your billing information

Your My Account profile only shows purchases registered to your login email.  You must set up a new My Account login for each email address you have registered with Malwarebytes.

My Account Login Page
https://my.malwarebytes.com/

Contact Malwarebytes Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

If you do need additional help please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you

Ron

Good luck.. It will NOT be fixed in my experience.

Malwarebytes is purposefully removing all Premium Lifetime users in attempt to force the ones who don't have the Proof of Purchase from 2012ish to be SOL. They told me since I don't have the email from when I purchased it, they will NOT help re-activate it.. Even though in 2017, I changed motherboards, and they helped me then. Such a failure of a once fantastic company. I am taking my, my family, and clients business elsewhere.

(Lost access to that email address years ago)

Good luck, Malwarebytes is purposefully removing all Premium Lifetime users in attempt to force the ones who don't have the Proof of Purchase from 2012ish to be SOL. They told me since I don't have the email from when I purchased it, they will NOT help re-activate it.. Even though in 2017, I changed motherboards, and they helped me then. Such a failure of a once fantastic company. I am taking my, my family, and clients business elsewhere.

(Lost access to that email address years ago)

• Root Admin

Hello @Husbeard

Please check your email from support. Please activate the license and then open Malwarebytes and go to the Settings, Account Details tab and it will tell you the information about the license.

If there is anything else I can do to assist you please let me know.

Thank you again

Ron