ginakra

Lifetime licence issue activating on system

Exact same issue here. In trial mode, can't activate license, get the usage level error> Didn't change a thing other than installing the upgrade.

I never created a Account anywhere. I got my license a long time ago.  This isnt the first time you guyus have screwed me over. A malware company thats acting like malware. Create an Acct for what? To get our data like everyone else.

Creating an account is so that you can manage your license keys on your own without having to contact Support to wait on them to do it for you.  It's entirely up to you whether you create an account, but it does make it much easier to deactivate/migrate and manage your licenses if you do.  More info can be found in this support articlethis support article as well as this support article.

If you need to contact Malwarebytes Support to have them reset your license key for you then please contact them directly by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you directly via email.

As @exile360 said @Smuggly

It simply allows you to manage some features without contacting our support team. Unfortunately, sometimes things do happen with licensing and we're simply trying to make it easier for customers. I have a few software programs that work similarly. I used to have to contact their support and have to wait for them to get back to me. They changed to a system sort of like ours and now I never have to contact their support. I simply move the product to a new computer and deactivate/activate on my own. You're under no obligation to set up the account though.

Find my premium license key
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264

Create your My Account profile
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1036

Once setup is complete, you are logged into My Account, where you can:

manage your subscriptions
    view your order history
    retrieve your license keys
    deactivate your licenses
    download the latest Malwarebytes software
    update your billing information

Your My Account profile only shows purchases registered to your login email.  You must set up a new My Account login for each email address you have registered with Malwarebytes.

My Account Login Page
https://my.malwarebytes.com/

Contact Malwarebytes Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

If you do need additional help please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Ron

I've learned the hard way not to allow updates without first checking this forum for issues.  Glad I checked.  I'm seeing pages of the lifetime license deactivation issues so I will wait before updating.  My question is, is MWB going to put a fix in the update to debug this so we dont all have to go through this?

Posted (edited)

@DCarey
I can probably guide you to a successful upgrade, if you sill stick around with me.
My first tip is for you to see if your license is a subscription or else a PRO lifetime one?
Is the license  activated on more than one machine?

Can you look to see if your license status is shown on My Account help portal.
Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.
That same email is what you should use to login to Malwarebytes MyAccount.
https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login
If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.
Keep in mind that the Email has to be valid and active.

note: The My Account portal page is just as a potential help.  It is not necessary though for there to be a entry there for yours.

Just let me know about all above, then I can map out a part 2 for your Upgrade.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I bought two separate licenses listed as "Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium (formerly Anti-Malware Premium) -- This is a lifetime subscription"   on my my.malwarebytes account page purchased in 2009 & 2010.  I was able to log in and view them and I have them activated on separate computers. 

Thank you

@DCarey

Bravo !   That is super !  I am understanding that you have re-activated 2 PRO lifetime licenses on 2 separate machines.

That is cool.  I do not have to be mapping out a second plan for you.   Thank you for the confirmation.

Very sincerely,

Maurice

Posted (edited)

I've already purchased your yearly. And got my other boxes going with a couple lifetime lic on another site. I will purchase more if needed. This isn't making you guy's look good though. I'm an older man I really don't have time for all this. It's worth the $ just to be done with it. It's possible that my 5 year old lic was bogus I doubt it. I will Attach my lic # that was deactivated in a text file. However I never did it online at your site . I never did any of them that way. they're was no need to. I will from now on.

Edited by tetonbob
attachment contained a license

13 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

@DCarey

Bravo !   That is super !  I am understanding that you have re-activated 2 PRO lifetime licenses on 2 separate machines.

That is cool.  I do not have to be mapping out a second plan for you.   Thank you for the confirmation.

Very sincerely,

Maurice

Maurice,  Yes I have 1 license for each computer, but I have NOT allowed the 3.8.3 update to install yet on either computer to avoid this license issue I was reading about.   So when you used the phrase "re-activated" I am assuming you are thinking I have gone thru the process and all is squared away.

To DCarey,

I am suggesting to guide you to on the upgrade installation.  There is no need for you to be hesitant on this.  You advise you have a separate license for each machine.

What I would be sure to do is a Windows restart on the front end, and then one more at the finish. This whole process takes something less than 15 minutes.

1.  Close all your open programs.  Save any open work, if any.

2. Do one Windows Restart  ( so that there is no outstanding Windows operations awaiting).

3. Do the upgrade this way.  Start Malwarebytes.  Click Settings button.  Now on the Applications tab, click on the grey line "Install Application Updates".

Watch the prompts & the progress.   Then when you see a mini-prompt for the new version, click on YES and allow it to go forward.

Have patience.  Watch for all prompts to follow.  if it has a reboot to do, watch that too.

4.  When all is completed, do one Windows Restart.

5. Back in Malwarebytes, click Settings button, click on the tab "Account Details".

See that it shows Premium  and the status of the license.

Sincerely,

Maurice

Thank you for this, Maurice.  I just went through your procedure and verified my lifetime license is shown correctly under 3.3.8.

@robkarp   That is great. Bravo.   Just take a new look about the version.   It should be 3.8.3

😎

Been a Lifetime member for a long time w/ 2 licenes, new update is not telling me "You are currently using more devices than your license is registerd for.' Can't activate unless I delete one of them. Do the figure I've had them too long and taking away one of them?

@moyneur

So you have 2 different licenses.   right ?   Have you looked on the Malwarebytes program to see just what the status is  and what program version is for EACH of your machines.   Does each one show Trial status  on the line "Edition"    ......in Malwarebytes >>  Settings >> Account Details tab

Further, have you tried logging in into the Malwarebytes My Account portal to see what is shown there ?

Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.

If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.

That being able to do that login and then to see what it shows there for Licenses is an important factor.

If you do not see your license listed there, you can not make headway on your own, in respect to attempting a Deactivation of the license on each box.

I would like for you to start first by checking your program for what it shows on Account Details tab and on the About tab.

( just please do not make mention of license key(s) on this forum )

Plus also on the Account Details tab, lets have you click on the blue "Go to My Account"  to see whether it succeeds in getting to that help portal.

Sincerely,

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

To DCarey,

I am suggesting to guide you to on the upgrade installation.  There is no need for you to be hesitant on this.  You advise you have a separate license for each machine.

What I would be sure to do is a Windows restart on the front end, and then one more at the finish. This whole process takes something less than 15 minutes.

1.  Close all your open programs.  Save any open work, if any.

2. Do one Windows Restart  ( so that there is no outstanding Windows operations awaiting).

3. Do the upgrade this way.  Start Malwarebytes.  Click Settings button.  Now on the Applications tab, click on the grey line "Install Application Updates".

Watch the prompts & the progress.   Then when you see a mini-prompt for the new version, click on YES and allow it to go forward.

Have patience.  Watch for all prompts to follow.  if it has a reboot to do, watch that too.

4.  When all is completed, do one Windows Restart.

5. Back in Malwarebytes, click Settings button, click on the tab "Account Details".

See that it shows Premium  and the status of the license.

Sincerely,

Maurice

Maurice,  Your procedure worked perfectly on both computers and everything looks good.  THANK YOU.  As a long time customer I have been through many updates and most of them have caused a bit of aggravation, (especially to one who is not computer savvy),  but I have enjoyed the peace of mind of having this program protecting my computers for 10 years now and I am grateful.

Thank you, Donna

1 hour ago, Maurice Naggar said:

That is great. Bravo.   Just take a new look about the version.   It should be 3.8.3

😎

Typo.  It is 3.8.3.

Hi Donna,

This is great news.  Brava.   I am very pleased that your PC's  are all up to date.

If you need anything else at this time, let us know.

Salutes to you.  Enjoy the weekend.

Sincerely,

Maurice     😎

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

@moyneur

So you have 2 different licenses.   right ?   Have you looked on the Malwarebytes program to see just what the status is  and what program version is for EACH of your machines.   Does each one show Trial status  on the line "Edition"    ......in Malwarebytes >>  Settings >> Account Details tab

Further, have you tried logging in into the Malwarebytes My Account portal to see what is shown there ?

That being able to do that login and then to see what it shows there for Licenses is an important factor.

If you do not see your license listed there, you can not make headway on your own, in respect to attempting a Deactivation of the license on each box.

I would like for you to start first by checking your program for what it shows on Account Details tab and on the About tab.

( just please do not make mention of license key(s) on this forum )

Plus also on the Account Details tab, lets have you click on the blue "Go to My Account"  to see whether it succeeds in getting to that help portal.

Sincerely,

I have one referance number: 52406604

An ID number and key for each of the two accounts (2 ID & 2 keys) one for my desk top and one for my laptop.

Issue started after update last night on my desk top, I have loged into my account and will not activate unless I delete the other account "You are currently using more devices than your license is registerd for." As far as the original email, I have no idea, it's been about 10 years.

Posted (edited)

found my receipt on my account page. Ok hasn't bee 10 years....

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed image with license info

Posted (edited)

@moyneur

Hello Joseph.

The Cleverbridge purchase record shows 2 licenses. Each is unique & is for one machine. 

The My Account shows there are 2 licenses.  That both have been activated.   These are 2 different licenses.  Note at least each ID is different.

Can you take a inventory of each of your machines.  See which machine is using which license / ID pair.  These old-time license have 2 parts.  ID and Key.

( just do not show any license keysor ID when writing on the forum ).

Start Malwarebytes .  Click Settings >> click "Account Details".   Write down for your own benefit which has which license pair.

Now then, which ever of the 2 is not now in use on the program, you can then go back onto the MyAccount page  and then do a Deactivate on the help portal.

Then later on, activate that license inside the Malwarebytes for Windows program.

There are several help articles on the Support portal about the topic of licenses, de-activation, re-activation.

Start with Manage subscriptions in My Account  https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1032

Patience is the watchword.

I am going to ask the Admin to remove the copy of the Cleverbridge record-image.

Cheers.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

@moyneur

p.s.s.  Looking at the snapshot from MyAccount, it is the second License that has been over-used.