I purchased a lifetime license in 2008 and ever since upgrading to 3.83 my key wont activate 

when i go to My account located at https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login
there's nothing there I assume that's because my license in 11 years.. back then there never was a my account

I have sent an email to support asking to deactivate any devices  so i can activate on my computer

included my invoice date and invoice number

but it being the 4th of July... I doubt I'll hear back any time soon

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi Angelus.

Stick with the ticket.  It would seem only Support can help out since you appear not able to login at MyAccount portal.

Have patience.

I regret the trouble on this.

Does the Malwarebytes program now show in Trial status ?

Start Malwarebytes >> Settings >> Account Details.

Yes, unfortunately there have already been a fairly large number of incidents as can be seen by all the posts just in this area of the forums, and I'm positive many more have contacted Support directly on their own about it.  Sadly the issue doesn't appear to be specifically with the new build, I believe it's just the result of recent upgrades to the licensing servers/backend of the license management system and installing the new build and it subsequently reaching out to the licensing servers for activation (as all builds do after install when an active license is present in order to activate the Premium features and license status) is causing it to rear its head.  Hopefully everyone will have everything synced up soon though so that they don't have to deal with this issue again, but in the meantime having your license managed under the My.Malwarebytes.com web portal as you have and deactivating it there if possible in order to reset it appears to be the quickest resolution, otherwise Support must be contacted in order to reset it on their end.

Anyway, if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

When I bought my license in 2008 there was no My.Malwarebytes.com but  yes I have an account there now but when I go there and login there are no devices or purchases shown.. so no devices to deactivate ... Another thing I need to have them look into. But right now this is the more pressing issue so I await a response from support.

Did you already try adding your lifetime license to your account manually as I mentioned above?  It might correct the issue so that you can see and manage your license there.  If not then Support will be able to resolve it for you; please let them know that you already have an account and they'll add your license there for you so you'll be able to monitor and manage it there in the future if adding it manually is unsuccessful.

Actually yes i did try and when I try adding it to the account manually I get a "The product key you are trying to use is already registered."

I have no idea what email I was using in 2008 but I thought I'd bring that up to support whenever they solve this issue I'd have them solve this one as well

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Angelus said:

Yes it does

@Angelus

So at least you will have the Premium Trial status and will have protection in the interim, till the re-activation issue is sorted out.

p.s.  As to your old Email, provide Support your full name and the billing address from the time of original purchase and Support can use that to do a search.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Well I have the receipt from 2008 as proof  purchase should I wait for them to respond or just go ahead and send the additional request to fix the  My.Malwarebytes.com account issue as well?

Posted (edited)

Unless your ticket's agent asked you to do something, or they asked you to take some action .....just hold off until their next reply.  If you were to make a new reply now, it will push the ticket back in the queue.

Your pc has protection so at this point, there is no pressing rush.   Your issue will be sorted out.   and the program is now in protected mode.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Something tells me we might be waiting longer then tomorrow for an email reply... they are probably getting a lot of emails

I wonder if going back to the previous version will allow license activation....

@Angelus

I would not suggest to go backwards.  With the program in "Trial" mode, it has the same functionality and protections of the Premium.

Oh i'm not planning on it if I did it would make it difficult if support asked me to do something. I was just curious if that would even work

that would be funny  but I don't think they would do that but i'm still waiting on my support ticket fix

Hello @Angelus

I've looked up the email address you're using here on the forums on our Helpdesk and I do not see a ticket with this same email address. Did you use another email address?

Thanks

Ron