tagan.adlighting.com Trojan

Hello, 

I received the following report. I want to make sure there is not an affected file on my computer. I did not have any out of the ordinary websites up when receiving this message, which is alarming.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 7/3/19
Protection Event Time: 1:17 PM
Log File: 5f373112-9db6-11e9-aa22-441ca8e3cfe4.json

-Software Information-
Version: 3.7.1.2839
Components Version: 1.0.586
Update Package Version: 1.0.11388
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: tagan.adlightning.com
IP Address: 99.86.230.13
Port: [63608]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

(end)

Hey rodneyb!

I work for Ad Lightning, the company that got flagged here. We reached out to Malwarebytes and they confirmed our flag was a mistake, and they fixed it. Unfortunately, until folks update their software, our URL will still be flagged.

We actually work to fight malware and bad ads. Our clients are publishers like newspapers, video sites, local news, magazines, etc. They use us to stop those annoying "You've won an Amazon gift card!" redirects, and other malware stuffing. What probably happened is you were on one of those ordinary websites you visit, that company was a client of ours, and Malwarebytes flagged our script. Here's an article about us from GeekWire if you want to know we're legit!

Here's what Malwarebytes told us folks need to do in order to stop that flag:

If the customers are using our cloud program, cloud.malwarebytes.com, they will need to log in, then disable web protection on the policy that their endpoints are on, wait a few minutes, then re-enable web protection.

If they are using our business on-premise or our home consumer version then those should take effect automatically after obtaining updates.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to email us!

Thanks,

Zoey

@rodneyb

Please be sure that your Malwarebytes for Windows program is all up to date.

Start Malwarebytes.   Then on the Dashboard screen, look to the right-side frame, scroll down to the section "System".

Click on blue-color "Current"

Be sure that the program is fully up to date.

Close the window.

See if the block notices go away.

Sincerely,

Maurice

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks