3.8.3. has reverted to demo from Premium

Slightly different to others. I had the premium version, bought last Nov but I can only see emails that quote the Licence ID, not the Licence Key. I can't see I had an account here (had to register on main and forums to post) so how do I get the key with only an ID?

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

The current licenses only have a single string so you already have the entire license ID.  It was only the older licenses from years ago that had both an ID and Key.  If you follow the instructions in this support article then it should reactivate your Premium product.  If that fails then please try signing up for an account at My.Malwarebytes.com using the same email address you used when you originally purchased your license and you should be able to reset your license there so that you may activate the product on your system again.  You'll find instructions on how to deactivate the previous installation in this support article.

If you still have trouble then please contact Malwarebytes Support by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you.

I updated two machines. The new install will change it to DEMO and sometime after it will revert to Premium. The version before this did the same thing.  Was overnight for me.

Thanks @exile360 On looking more closely at the string I was given, it looks like it was actually the ID and key concatenated so I tried those and they were accepted but it then said there were too many activations and to disable the others. When I put in the details on the website to do that, it said the key was owned by someone else so I suspect I have one of the dodgy keys they are trying to mop up (it was cheap and bought via a 3rd party). I think I'll leave it there and look out for the next time the Premium edition is on special.

OK, no problem.  If you want to check with Support to verify the key you can.  If it turns out that your key is legitimate and that it's just showing up as registered due to your previous activation then they can correct that for you and get it synced to your account.  Several users have reported success in doing this so I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot just in case your license does turn out to be legit.  No reason to lose the money you paid for your license if you don't have to.

• Root Admin

As the issue is resolved by contacting Support at this point, I will go ahead and close this topic now.

Find my premium license key
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264

Create your My Account profile
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1036

Once setup is complete, you are logged into My Account, where you can:

manage your subscriptions
    view your order history
    retrieve your license keys
    deactivate your licenses
    download the latest Malwarebytes software
    update your billing information

Your My Account profile only shows purchases registered to your login email.  You must set up a new My Account login for each email address you have registered with Malwarebytes.

My Account Login Page
https://my.malwarebytes.com/

Contact Malwarebytes Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

If you do need additional help please let us know and we'll be more than happy to assist you.