Streaming server blocked by Firefox addon

leo3487

streamingradioplayer.inovanex.com

or specifically

https://streamingradioplayer.inovanex.com/s#/player-1#tema=5b9c050ea31df0f256e37d92&id=e32jdggnk...

(cant show the complete url)

go to www.eldestaperadio.com and click on Escuchanos en vivo

Usually I no notice it because at morning Im at job usually then hear that radio by its android app

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed live hyperlink

Sorry than I ask it but

Can say me WHY www.eldestaperadio.com was added to scam category?

I must ask that, as 2 days ago there was an DDoS attack attempted by groups commanded by our goverment against that radio, than is a radio than has affinity with the oposition (I understood than Malwarebytes has not political bias.... but it is suspicious)

10 hours ago, exile360 said:

That site isn't being blocked for me.  If you're still seeing this block I'd recommend trying to update your extensions to see if that helps, and if it still persists, perhaps try clearing your DNS cache as that may be the cause of the recurring block.

Still block the streaming url

Could be than the sources you use to block clickbait / fake news has political motivations?

I admit than El Destape Radio is against our current goverment than is so right-wing, I suspect than some of the "academic" you use as source, heard that radio and disliked it

9 hours ago, leo3487 said:

I admit than El Destape Radio is against our current goverment

So have you not considered that it may be your own government that is doing something that is causing it to be blocked - but only in your own country?

Which would explain why others, in other countries, are not seeing the block.

Yes, but your government may be trying to redirect it, or inject a 'warning' message , or even inject a 'tracking cookie' to see who's trying to go there, or some other restriction for users in your country.
And they are clever enough to only do that for IP's registered in their own country.

You do say that there were government sponsored DDoS attacks on the site recently, if that's true then they are hardly likely to just stop at just that.

That could be what MB is picking up, any government sponsored meddling, and so MB is blocking the site for you because of that meddling.

Presumably you have tried 'Allowing' the site in the MB extension settings?

You might consider trying a VPN from a different country to get around any local meddling that may exist?
https://www.howtogeek.com/133680/htg-explains-what-is-a-vpn/

Edited by nukecad

That also is why I think about Malwarebytes, as allowing the blocked url, no problems

By the way

4 minutes ago, nukecad said:

You do say that there were government sponsored DDoS attacks on the site recently, if that's true then they are hardly likely to just stop at just that.

That could be what MB is picking up, any government sponsored meddling, and so MB is blocking the site for you because of that meddling.

I said than the DDoS attack was sponsored by our gov, as according the news where the radio owner (and its provider) clarify iti, give 2 IP from where came the attacks.... 2 Amazon servers (and no VPN or anonymous proxy)

18.221.191.50 y 18.204.34.2

I doubt a nood hacker can use a server owned by Amazon for a DDoS attack

https://www.eldestapeweb.com/nota/el-destape-radio-fue-hackeado-desde-servidores-localizados-en-ee-uu--20197213240

if can read spanish, read this.

And about than those ip are owned by Amazon doing a whois say:

Source:  whois.arin.net
IP Address:  18.221.191.50
Name:  AT-88-Z
Handle:  NET-18-128-0-0-1
Registration Date:  29/06/18
Range:  18.128.0.0-18.255.255.255
Org:  Amazon Technologies Inc.
Org Handle:  AT-88-Z
Address:  410 Terry Ave N.
City:  Seattle
State/Province:  WA
Postal Code:  98109

No, I don't read Spanish. (I can handle a bit of French).

It's easy enough for a hacker to hide their IP and give a false one, even simple forum spammers do it all the time.
Everyone can hide their real IP and look like they are originating from somewhere else,  that's part of what using VPN's is about, in fact it's probaby the main use of VPN these days - to look like you are in a different country and so get around local geographical blocking.
(Amazon run a VPN service, so anyone using it could/would look like they were coming from Amazon).

Have you tried allowing the site in the MB extension settings?
(Or even temporarily disabling the extension in the Firefox add-ons manager).

I still suspect that this is your government doing something, Malwarebytes can do nothing about that other than block anything that is dodgy by blocking the video play itself.

MB is simply warning you that there is / maybe something dodgy going on.

It's up to you whether you accept that warning or ignore it and turn MB off for that site.

39 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It is the little player at the top of the site that is blocked. You can scroll down in the window and tell it not to block and ignore always.

Yes, and is what I did

Of course I also want to be unlocked for other users, and if is possible, know why it was added. If well now is clear than no political motivated (by MB team)

Maybe the problem is with inovanex, no the radio? If is that the case, can tell me if they have malicious files, to try contacrt them?

please unlock the radio

If someone at Malwarebytes understand spanish, watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eeZzSFE5Qac?feature=oembed

our president menaced the owner of a channel to change the editorial line and fire Roberto Navarro (the owner of the radio we are speaking here)