Can't download Image

The app shouldn’t interfere in any way. What leads you to believe it is? Are you using a Malwarebytes browser extension for Firefox or Chrome.

Greetings,

Do you see any particular notification or alert from Malwarebytes when this occurs?

If not, please try temporarily disabling each component of Malwarebytes' protection one at a time and retry downloading the image each time until you are successful starting with the Web Protection component as it is the most likely culprit if Malwarebytes is blocking it.  To do so, right-click on the Malwarebytes tray icon and click where it says Web Protection: On and click Yes to the User Account Control prompt, then way about 30 seconds, then try the download again.  If it still doesn't work, repeat the same process with each of the other protection components listed in the tray.

If the issue still persists, you may try exiting Malwarebytes completely by right-clicking on the Malwarebytes tray icon and selecting Quit Malwarebytes and clicking Yes to the User Account Control prompt.

If that still fails to resolve the issue then please try closing and reopening your web browser to retry the download, and if it still doesn't work, try clearing your browsers history/cache, and possibly your DNS cache as well; instructions on clearing the DNS cache may be found on this page.

If you still have trouble, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation to try and determine the cause:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists, please provide the requested ZIP file.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, exile360 said:

To do so, right-click on the Malwarebytes tray icon and click where it says Web Protection: On and click Yes to the User Account Control prompt, then way about 30 seconds, then try the download again.  If it still doesn't work, repeat the same process with each of the other protection components listed in the tray.

Just so you aren't confused by this, those instructions apply to the Windows version of Malwarebytes so you won't find a Malwarebytes tray icon (it's known as a dock for Macs, but you won't see an icon there and clicking on the menubar icon won't reveal any of that). There is no Web Protection capability for Malwarebytes for Mac, which is why I indicated that it won't interfere with any downloads.

If you do want to test by temporarily disabling each component of Malwarebytes Real-Time Protection, you will need to toggle them from the Dashboard tab of the main Malwarebytes window.

Also, the instructions for clearing DNS cache mentioned apply only to Windows.

Edited by alvarnell

Strange things happening here. It was originally posted to the Mac Malware Removal Help & Support Forum, which is where I first replied, but I see now that it has been moved by somebody, so I'm not sure what platform the OP is using.

Hehe, well I guess we covered all the bases then :)

@Catrina if you are using the Mac Malwarebytes product then please ignore my instructions and suggestions and please follow those provided by alvarnell; however if you are using Malwarebytes on Windows, then please follow the instructions and suggestions I provided, and please let us know either way if the issue has been resolved or not and also let us know if you are using a Mac or Windows and we will proceed with further steps appropriate for your operating system and version of the Malwarebytes software.

Thanks