rundll32.exe*32 game loading issue

Hi people.

I just found this thread because I'm having the same problem.

There is some new thing on the "market" which is for now undetectable. Games and many apps require to be loaded twice before starting. The rundll*32.exe blocks the first run, and on the second one it works. Manually deleting this rundll*32.exe (in order to do that you need to change your ownership of the file from trustedinstaller to yourself) causes an issue where you can't even run these apps anymore and the damn process is using a ton of CPU and memory. This is some form of malware that starts conhost.exe and always starts a dllhost.exe file whenever there is a new exe file found (example: you download something and the moment you get to that .exe file in explorer the dllhost.exe starts working shortly in the background and then closes itself.) I've been having trouble with this since last week, it spread to all of my machines and no program on earth can detect it yet. Tried Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes anti-root, NOD32, Kaspersky, Bullguard, Spybot SD. Please help as I can't use my machines securely anymore.

• Root Admin

Hello @jambra and :welcome:

Well, we'll need to start out by getting some scans and logs and go from there, please.

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on the program and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan Now.
  • When finished, please click Clean & Repair.
  • Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
  • After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3

STEP 03
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

Do  you have Malwarebytes licensed in your My Account page?

Do you have the license for Bitdefender?

The Bitdefender has an issue and keeps crashing. I'd like to do some cleanup work but first want to make sure you have your licenses before we do any cleanup removals.

I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

Okay, please uninstall both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes temporarily

In Windows 7:

1. Click Start, go to Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features.

2. Find Bitdefender and select Uninstall.

3. Click Remove in the window that appears, and then select according to your situation: I want to reinstall it or I want to permanently remove it.

4. Click Next to continue.

5. Wait for the uninstall process to complete, then reboot your system.

NOTE: To be sure that everything is properly removed, we also recommend using our dedicated uninstall tool. Download the uninstall tool corresponding to your version of Bitdefender from this location and then run it on your system.

As noted above, find and run the manual uninstall tool from Bitdefender that is closest to your installed version.  https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_paid.html

Next, please uninstall Malwarebytes using our Support Tool. Follow the directions from the post below, but do not reinstall just yet.
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Next, download and reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 from the link below. Update the definitions and run a Quick Scan with it and let me know if it finds anything.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201

Next, run the FRST program again and make sure  you also select to run the Additions.txt and attach back both new logs

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Please check the boxes as shown for FRST

image.png

Next, let me have you run another antivirus scanner.

Please download and run the following Kaspersky antivirus scanner to remove any found threats

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Let me know if it finds anything or not

Thanks again

Ron

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks