ArtVandelay

Is there a way to confirm if the malwarebytes in app download is authentic?

Hi--

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to determine if the malwarebytes in-app download pop-up is authentic?

I did an update and my computer is acting strange (arrow key stuck moving down, etc.). I'm assuming it is a result of some very slight water damage I experienced to laptop while it was in a closed position. 

That said, the only other thing that has changed was a malwarbytes download, and I'm just doing my best to rule everything out and be diligent. 

Just want to make sure everything is the way it should be. 

Thanks for your continued help on this forum. 

All the best. 

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by “the malwarebytes in-app download pop-up”? Can you post a screenshot of it?

Are you referring to the notification that is shown in the Notification Center when a Malwarebytes update is available? If so, you can simply open the Malwarebytes app and install the update from within the app instead. The Malwarebytes app cannot easily be tampered with, so this should be safe.

As always, thank you for the speedy response.  Sometimes I feel the fast support on this forum is as helpful as having the program itself.

Yes, I was referring to the gray banner that comes up on the right hand side of the screen that that notifies an update is available. 

I looked in the reports tab, and saw all the scheduled scans etc., but I wondered if maybe a record of the update would be feature there.  

It lead me to question if there was a place I could authenticate if I DL'd an official update. 

After having a few computer issues (which may just be a hardware thing) I was looking to confirm that I didn't do anything stupid. 

Thank you again for all the help here, and appreciate all of your efforts.