MWB subscriptions and billing service

What is the name of MWB current service for administering subs and billing?  My sub is over 10yrs old, and may have been processed by Cleverbridge, but ALL orig. order and billing data lost.  I’ve been working with Support (open ticket) to solve a host of account problems arising from defunct email address associated with original subscription, and it seems that one option is to simply cancel present account and sign up as new customer, with correct email address, billing address, updated credit-card info, etc.  Whoever is presently managing subs/billing does NOT have updated credit-card info, even though I have had an “active” uninterrupted Premium license for two Windows machines and account seems to have been automatically renewed for several years now, though I never opted for that payment option, AFAIK.  Much confusion all round.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

1 hour ago, the_hamster said:

....  I’ve been working with Support (open ticket) to solve a host of account problems ....

Hi,

I regret the troubles you describe.

( a ) Please stick with the Support ticket.  Only they can see all details about the license.

( b )  There does seem to be layers of complications here.

( c) You seem to say you bought a license 10 years ago.  That would be like 2009 or so.   Can you re-check your information about what year exactly ?

( d ) Support would be able to research the License Key.   ( see suggestion ( a ) above).

Keep in mind Support has reduce staff on weekends.   They handle tickets in the order of oldest cases first.

( e ) on the theory that your license was first paid for by you, thru Cleverbridge, you can contact them and have them check on yours.  They should be able to check by your full name, billing ( original ) address.

Cleverbridge email ( web form) contact page  at this link

Cleverbridge telephone support  ( during business hours)  at this link

Malwarebytes has two entities that manage subscriptions, and sales , and subscription renewals & payments.   Cleverbridge & 2Checkout  (2CO )  ( aka, Avangate).

Since you mention yours is many years back, the likelyhood is that it is Cleverbridge.

( f) out of curiosity,  did you go thru your credit card payment records to find the record and information of your last payment ?   lookig for a clue on the billing entity name

(g) again, stick with the agent assiting you on the ticket.

H.T.H.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Thank you for reply.  Re: (c)...The only record I still have regarding this account was an old Forum sign-up acknowledgement from 2009, and the actual  MBAM license was obtained well before that.  Re: (e)...I will try that route, but all I can supply is billing address and customer name...anything to do with original credit-card charge cannot be provided because...Re: (f)... since the original order, we’ve had at least three - if not more- reissues of Visa cards due to “unauthorized use” or card-hacking, etc., so there is no current record on c-c statements of charges that could possibly arise from auto-renewal of license.  

So, without trying to brute-force resolution of existing account problems, it seems to me that the most expeditious solution would to simply delete current account, and just sign up through MWB website for a new account, with updated email address, billing address, and c-c data.  As it stands presently, going to MyAccount portal and toggling through the tabs show absolutely no information at all;  Subscription doesn’t exist, there are no Payments, nor are there any Orders, so deleting account would only remove account-holder Name and login info from MWB records, and a fresh sheet for creation of new account.

Be aware that before Spring 2014, the Malwarebytes licenses were a one time only pay ( lifetime ) licenses.   Those do not have recurring billing.

This is just where I was trying to get you to figure out just what year you made a purchase.

Lets not confuse a "forum signup"  for a license purchase.

Also, on another factor, the My Account portal does not have c.c. billing info nor billing address.

One other caution:  IF the only thing here is that you just need to update your contact Email address into the MyAccount portal, Support can help you with that,

If I may say, there are too many confusing factors here.   Just what is your most basic pressing main issue here?

OK, let me first state that I had MBAM installed on Windows laptop and desktop, with same Lic. Key and Lic. ID, as I opted for the two-device option some years ago.  As you noted (and I forgot) the pre-2014 signup was presumably “lifetime”, a one-time payment, and under Settings >  Account details > Status  it shows *Never expires*.

Now, problem began as noted in previous thread, “Loss of IPv6 Connectivity...”, where I downloaded the Support Tool and inadvertently ran the Repair option on laptop, which on reboot put me into the *free* version.  I then obtained original License information from desktop and tried to reinstall it on laptop using the Activate License...that kicked me into MyAccount, which still had the original - now invalid - email address associated with original license purchase, and I couldn’t reactivate license.  MWB support helped here by updating email address, then sending on a reset password link, so all good.  Once logged in, the old Lic. Key and Lic. ID were accepted, and laptop now has proper and functioning 3.7x version running.  

So, because the original license was “lifetime”, does that explain why all the MyAccount tabs have no stored information?   I’m only guessing here, but it may be that all *old* account info was associated with *old* email address, and updating to *new* address failed to bring over account details.  As a matter of fact, when I open the MyAccount page, login defaults to *old* address; if I knew  my *old* password, perhaps I could have gotten into *old* account, and found all the relevant information stored.  All very confusing, and it’s largely due to the fact that after establishing an account many years ago, I never had the need to log in until a few days ago!

Having said all of the above, the lone remaining issue is the complete lack of any subscription info within MyAccount...perhaps it’s all irrelevant as long as I have active, valid licensed MWB protection.

• Root Admin

Since 2008 cleverbridge was the only way to purchase with a credit card. All licenses for Malwarebytes for consumers were lifetime licenses prior to 2014 but have always been 1-to-1 meaning every computer device required it's own license. 

cleverbridge will have your full name and address and can look up any purchase you've made even back in 2008. I just recently submitted a request and they found and sent back mine. I had all the license information but needed some other details from the purchase.

We had very few legitimate resellers back then and many many people selling licenses illegally. If you did not purchase from cleverbridge in 2008/2009 there is a very good chance you were scammed.

Contacting our Helpdesk or cleverbridge is your best option to get this resolved.

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

@the_hamster  

On your other thread, you mentioned you do have a ongoing Support ticket  (Ticket 2635986)

Please stick with that.  Support can help you resolve any outstanding issues.   Especially as relates to the My Account portal record (s) for you.

Cheers.

Maurice

Thank you, Ron.  Well, after your explanation, I still don't quite understand why two Windows devices had the same License Key and License ID.  As I explained, I copied Lic. Key/Lic. ID details from desktop to laptop and got back Premium License after all my Account login data were updated.  But definitely will take your point and that of commenter Maurice and contact the Cleverbridge helpdesk for payment details, if available.  I do in fact recall that the original MBAM order was done on the Malwarebytes website.

IF the license is a PRO ( lifetime ) license, it can only legally be used on just one Windows pc.   One PRO license = for only one Windows machine.

If in the past, you happened to use the one PRO license on more than one PC, that was a defect & not in keeping with the purchased license terms.

Finally, if you did purchase for 2 machines, you would have had to pay for two licenses  ( 2 different licenses).   That is presuming it was a PRO / lifetime purchase ( back before Spring 2014).

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I'm positive that several years ago, following original license purchase for only the Windows desktop,  I received an email - presumably from Malwarebytes - offering MBAM protection extended to 1 other device for a fee, which I opted for, and was able to install on recently purchased laptop, using existing license key.  If all transactions done through Cleverbridge, I hope that payment records can be located, so all this business gets sorted.  AFAIK, all these transactions were legitimate, and no hanky-panky was involved in order to "sneak" a valid license onto a second device.  As I say, very confusing, and can't explain conflicting information.

I’m relying on a not-so reliable memory here, but it seems to me that several years ago I upgraded the account to more than 1 device, then went through the SHARE protocol in order to place licensed protection on second (laptop) device.  Now, does this explanation make any sense to those on this thread?  Trying to account for same lic. key and lic. ID appearing on two Windows devices.

• Root Admin

We've simply started enforcing the one license usage. As to extending, I've been with the company for over 10 years now and I do not recall extending the lifetime license to more than one. We have sold single license subscription that were for 3 systems but not the older lifetime ones.

The Helpdesk can assist you in looking up all your license information

Thank you again

Ron

Maurice...actually I did provide the Support agent in one of my email exchanges with the Key/ID info, but did not specifically ask for number of devices licensed.  I shall do so forthwith.

Cheers

On 6/19/2019 at 4:32 PM, David H. Lipman said:

FYI:  3.8 Beta

21 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hi,

I regret the troubles you describe.

( a ) Please stick with the Support ticket.  Only they can see all details about the license.

( b )  There does seem to be layers of complications here.

( c) You seem to say you bought a license 10 years ago.  That would be like 2009 or so.   Can you re-check your information about what year exactly ?

( d ) Support would be able to research the License Key.   ( see suggestion ( a ) above).

Keep in mind Support has reduce staff on weekends.   They handle tickets in the order of oldest cases first.

( e ) on the theory that your license was first paid for by you, thru Cleverbridge, you can contact them and have them check on yours.  They should be able to check by your full name, billing ( original ) address.

Cleverbridge email ( web form) contact page  at this link

Cleverbridge telephone support  ( during business hours)  at this link

Malwarebytes has two entities that manage subscriptions, and sales , and subscription renewals & payments.   Cleverbridge & 2Checkout  (2CO )  ( aka, Avangate).

Since you mention yours is many years back, the likelyhood is that it is Cleverbridge.

( f) out of curiosity,  did you go thru your credit card payment records to find the record and information of your last payment ?   lookig for a clue on the billing entity name

(g) again, stick with the agent assiting you on the ticket.

H.T.H.

Final word on all this carry-on...Support confirms original license authorizes one device, even though I have had  two Windows devices sharing same license key since 2010 - fact.  Now, only one device has Premium up and running, with license showing *never expiring”.

Cleverbridge confirms original purchase, all good there.  Desktop PC will have to manage with Norton Security Suite and Defender, it is what it is.

Nice chatting with you lot.

Cheers