reza_88

Upgraded to 3.8.x and Now I have Trial Version

Hello,

For over a year I have using a Lifetime License for Malwarebytes Premium.

Today when I booted my laptop on a message from MB Premium popped up saying a new upgraded version is arrived. I clicked upgrade. Nothing happened. After a while the same upgrade message appeared. I clicked and started to upgrade MBP to version 3.8.x (cannot clearly remember the exact version number).

After the update, I saw the MBP has turned into MBP trial version where I have 13 days left. I entered my lifetime license (which came with a License ID). Then maximum installations achieved error appeared.

I then clicked deactivate other devices. It took me to my.malwarebytes.com (the website is a bit finicky). After a try or two it allowed me to sign-in. Now the thing is although I signed up for my.malwarebytes I could not remember if I had registered the license.

There was a plus sign with register a license. I clicked on that and then the errors I found was like "there was a problem registering your license"your license is already registered"

I have been using MBP for Only one device. My Swift 3 Acer laptop. I uninstalled MB trial version using mb-clean-3.1.0.1035, then rebooted. I went to MB official download page and installed the latest MB (which is 3.7.1) and tried to enter the license again. But same rounds of errors appeared.

What to do?

malwarebytesT.jpg

malwarebytesT2.jpg

malwarebytesT3.jpg

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi,

While in the Malwarebytes program, and presented with the screen you relayed .....  did you click on "Deactivate other devices" button ( option) ?

If not, you should do that.    The goal is to tell the system to Deactivate all other activations that use that license.

Then, once that is accomplished, to carefully do the license activation.

Otherwise, if you cannot do it in the program itself, then to Deactivate all for that license on the Malwarebytes "My Account" portal.

Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.

That same email is what you should use to login to Malwarebytes MyAccount.

https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.

Keep in mind that the Email has to be valid and active.

I have the exact same issue as the original poster - deactivating all still does not allow re-activation of my lifetime license.

HI Sophie707,

You already have a thread-topic on this

and you have mentioned you have opened a Support Ticket.   ( that is the thing to do  & please know that Support answers with the First in / first out principle.  Patience is the watchword.  Your ticket is in the queue)

Tell us please, have you logged in onto the MyAccount portal  and what did it show about this license ?

20 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hi,

While in the Malwarebytes program, and presented with the screen you relayed .....  did you click on "Deactivate other devices" button ( option) ?

If not, you should do that.    The goal is to tell the system to Deactivate all other activations that use that license.

Then, once that is accomplished, to carefully do the license activation.

Otherwise, if you cannot do it in the program itself, then to Deactivate all for that license on the Malwarebytes "My Account" portal.

Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.

That same email is what you should use to login to Malwarebytes MyAccount.

https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.

Keep in mind that the Email has to be valid and active.

I clicked. But it takes me to the website, let me sign in and no deactivation stuffs appear. What appears is shown in the 2nd screenshot.

No, I did not buy it directly from malwarebytes

@reza_88

You do not need to click the Quote button when replying.

From whom did you make the purchase ?

1 minute ago, Maurice Naggar said:

@reza_88

You do not need to click the Quote button when replying.

From whom did you make the purchase ?

hello, it is a 3rd party seller. It is a life time license

Actually  it is not like purchased directly from ebay or amazon or such. There are some Facebook Pages (local) who buys licenses for those who cannot purchase directly using a credit card. I am from Bangladesh.

Shortly after the purchase I came to learn about risks associated with gray market license purchases. I purchased the Life time license on Feb, 2018 when probably Malwarebytes stopped selling the Life time versions.There are some obstacles to purchase directly from a particular website due to credit card limitation even for the people who have credit cards or other payment options that should be valid but unfortunately they are not yet etc.

It could be something related to that. But apparently someone who purchased directly the license could also be affected after upgrading to beta 3.8.x

Just so you know, Malwarebytes stopped selling "lifetime" license in Spring /Summer of 2014.

It is a mystery still who it was that was selling on Facebook  .....  but if it was in the timeframe of this year, last year, or even the year before that,  my inclination is that the Facebook seller  ( if they claimed to have lifetime licenses )  that they were a scammer.

If you are of the view that the license is legitimate, then make your case with Support , who are the only ones who can determine if the license is legitimate.

I would encourage you, if you have not already done so, to create a Help Ticket with Support.   This forum can only provide you generic type help.

Please go to this link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

Provide the detail and submit the ticket.

Do scroll down to the section “Create Ticket”.

Provide all the detail  , including the license keys  and the name  & information about the seller, and purchase date.

15 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

HI Sophie707,

You already have a thread-topic on this

and you have mentioned you have opened a Support Ticket.   ( that is the thing to do  & please know that Support answers with the First in / first out principle.  Patience is the watchword.  Your ticket is in the queue)

Tell us please, have you logged in onto the MyAccount portal  and what did it show about this license ?

Yes I logged into the MyAccount portal.

The page showed I have 2 lifetime subscriptions (for 2 separate devices).

For both subscriptions, I was offered the option to "deactivate all".

After unsuccessfully trying to activate the subscription in question (which I use on my current laptop), I clicked on "deactivate all" regarding the license in question. Still, could not re-activate.

Thanks!

Hi Sophie707,

I think you will have to stick with your Support ticket.

Meantime, you can try a clean-reinstall    ( even if that would get you version 3.7.1 )

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes for Windows using our Support tool. Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Yes, I will stick with my support ticket.

But I did try to uninstall and reinstall using the support tool - still can't reactivate my lifetime subscription.

But thanks for your suggestions.

@Maurice NaggarThanks I would do that. Plus, it would be very helpful if Malwarebytes introduce legit/official distributor for their products in Bangladesh. For example, IDM. They laready have done that. I have been purchasing from one of the Listed resellers.

@reza_88    Lets please have the link address to that Facebook  purchase page.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Sfrush said:

Anyone know when the official version for 3.8 will be released?

coming soon to a computer near you... once its done being tested in the beta process, should not be too long.

Posted (edited)

@sfrush  way too soon to even guess.  It ( 3.8.1.2950  )   [ or its successor ]     has to be in a test period & then without any show stoppers outstanding. 

At least 7 to 10 days from now.   If it is released, there will be an annoucenment at the very top of this sub-forum.

Also, if your pc is running the Beta, it will automatically get notice of the release & the update.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

A support ticket has been made on Friday. Three days gone still no replies from them

They are short staffed on the weekends so not many tickets are responded to on Saturday and Sunday and tickets are answered on a first come, first served basis so when they are busy it can take a while to get a response, however you should see a reply from them within the next couple of days most likely.

In addition to what Exile360 advised:

Be sure you put into your Support ticket, the License key(s) that you have + the name of the seller  ( on Facebook you had said) and date of the transaction.

Sincerely,

10 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

In addition to what Exile360 advised:

Be sure you put into your Support ticket, the License key(s) that you have + the name of the seller  ( on Facebook you had said) and date of the transaction.

Sincerely,

Yes, did that. 

I have the exact same issue too. It was after updating to 3.8.1 that created the problem, I even tried downgrading to 3.7.1 and still won't activate.