Jump to content
IdefixPC

Windows Defender periodic analysis

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Today I checked the options of Windows Defender. The periodic analysis is disabled. I don't know if this is a default setting an if it is useful to activate it ?

Also I don't know what are the best settings for WD when Malwarebytes Premium is installed on Windows 10 ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

 

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:
 

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b
 

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

 

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

  • Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings,

You shouldn't need to change any settings in Windows Defender to use it alongside Malwarebytes.  Many users run these two together without any problems or issues.

As for the scheduled scans in Windows Defender, that's entirely up to you.  I don't know what the default is, but if you'd like Windows Defender to scan your PC occasionally you may configure it to do so during a time when the system will be on so that the scheduled scan can run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

You shouldn't need to change any settings in Windows Defender to use it alongside Malwarebytes.  Many users run these two together without any problems or issues.

As for the scheduled scans in Windows Defender, that's entirely up to you.  I don't know what the default is, but if you'd like Windows Defender to scan your PC occasionally you may configure it to do so during a time when the system will be on so that the scheduled scan can run.

Thanks @exile360 

Can you tell me how I can choose the moment for WD scheduled scans ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @IdefixPC

Here is how to check your Windows scheduled task (s) for Windows Defender automated scheduled scan.

First pess and hold the Windows-flag key on keyboard & then tap the R key

Then in the RUN box Open line, type in

taskschd.msc

That will bring up the Windows Task Scheduler

 

  1. 2
    In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows, and then scroll down and select the Windows Defender folder.
  2. 3
    In the top center pane, double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan option in Schedule Tasks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Malwarebytes check Settings-Application-Windows Action Center and select "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

Then use the default settings in Windows Defender and they will play nice together.

Jim 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hi @IdefixPC

Here is how to check your Windows scheduled task (s) for Windows Defender automated scheduled scan.

First pess and hold the Windows-flag key on keyboard & then tap the R key

Then in the RUN box Open line, type in

taskschd.msc

That will bring up the Windows Task Scheduler

 

  1. 2
    In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows, and then scroll down and select the Windows Defender folder.
  2. 3
    In the top center pane, double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan option in Schedule Tasks

Thanks @Maurice Naggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phone Man said:

In Malwarebytes check Settings-Application-Windows Action Center and select "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

Then use the default settings in Windows Defender and they will play nice together.

Jim 😎

Hello @Phone Man 

Thanks for the trick 👍

And with this setting Malwarebytes continues to work well ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, IdefixPC said:

Hello @Phone Man 

Thanks for the trick 👍

And with this setting Malwarebytes continues to work well ?

What is the better setting for Malwarebytes ? Recommended "Let Maalwarebytes decides" or "Never register".... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Windows Defender is active the result should be the same; Malwarebytes will not register with the Windows Action Center.  This is because Malwarebytes is supposed to detect the presence of Windows Defender and not register with Action Center if it is active and present if the option to let Malwarebytes decide is selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On my systems I select "never" as I am running Norton Security and Norton disables Defender. If I remove Norton then Defender will come alive.

I have not seen a good reason to have Malwarebytes  register with the action center.

Jim 😎

Edited by Phone Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, exile360 said:

If Windows Defender is active the result should be the same; Malwarebytes will not register with the Windows Action Center.  This is because Malwarebytes is supposed to detect the presence of Windows Defender and not register with Action Center if it is active and present if the option to let Malwarebytes decide is selected.

 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, Phone Man said:

On my systems I select "never" as I am running Norton Security and Norton disables Defender. If I remove Norton then Defender will come alive.

I have not seen a good reason to have Malwarebytes  register with the action center.

Jim 😎

Thanks @exile360 and @Phone Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.