Hyperwolf122

"Dll.host has locked this file"

It restarted, should I open its file location and run it again?

If you want to manually install the 1903 update you can do it directly from the website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click on Update Now

You can also download the Media Creation tool, which will give you the choice to either install it now, or create a bootable media.  In your case I would chose option 1 above, this way you can see the progress.

Hello! Thanks for your reply, it downloaded it and accidentally downsized it instead of pressing the minimize button and was told it was safe to restart which worked successfully without a issue and was curious if I need to delete it and reinstall it again or open it's file location and run it again? 

In the search icon on the taskbar type winver.exe and then click on the search result that is found.  It will tell you what version of windows your on, this way we will know if you have to re-run the app to upgrade or not.

Mines still on 1803, I'll open its file location and run it again

Hello, I am sorry i am late to this all, I still haven't updated my Windows version but i will get to it but out of curiosity, does it update with Internet? My internet is very slow and I'm curious if I should take it to a family members house who has decent internet to update the computer? Thanks!

-Casper

Yes, it downloads the update for the new build of Windows from the internet and the download can be quite large (several hundreds of megabytes) so if you can get access to a faster connection that should definitely make things faster.

Alright, thanks! :)

18 hours ago, Hyperwolf122 said:

Hello, I am sorry i am late to this all, I still haven't updated my Windows version but i will get to it but out of curiosity, does it update with Internet? My internet is very slow and I'm curious if I should take it to a family members house who has decent internet to update the computer? Thanks!

-Casper

Another option is if you have a friend that has a fast internet connection you can take an 8GB flash drive to his home and download the Media Creation Tool and you can put it on the USB flash drive, then you can take it to your home and use the USB drive to update your computer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10