SoCalSienna

XYplorer.exe False Positive

Malwarebytes says xyplorer.exe (v20.20) is infected by Trojan.MalPack.VB.Generic.  Scans by AVG and Adaware reportedly show no problem, suggesting Malwarebytes is throwing up a false positive warning.

XYplorer is an excellent file management program that I use daily.

A link to my post over at the XYplorer forum is below.  The XYplorer author and administrator Donald Lessau says the app, including v20.20 is free of malware.
    https://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20592

I'm hoping someone at Malwarebytes can verify whether xyplorer.exe v20.20 is ok, and if so, to confirm that the alerts are false.

The v20.20 file can be obtained here: 
    https://www.xyplorer.com/download.php

Thank you.

Scan Results.png

Thanks for reporting, the fix will be available in the next update.

Cli -- Thank you.  Are you saying that the warning was a false positive?

If I don't want to wait for the next Malwarebytes update, is it safe to remove xyplorer.exe from the Malwarebytes quarantine, and start using XYplorer again?

The update should be out soon. However if you don't want to wait for the update, you can add an exclusion and remove it from the quarantine.

Thanks, I never like to take "remove from quarantine" action even if I think it's a false positive, though will do so now.

I am experiencing samme problem with an earlier version of XYplorer. Very annoying since I have had it for years and use it frequently.

Does the update normalize everything so XYplorer leaves quarantine, or do I have to do something, like remove it from quarantine or install it again?

Is there any update on when this will be fixed. Got back from working at a different location and am surprised that after 10 hours this is still an issue.

This is taking a long time. 13 hours and still no update???

Posted (edited)

update.png.6382fec9eff69689a84569352bffd887.png

You can click to check for the latest database update. If there is one, it will be applied. Make a scan after it and see if MalwareBytes still detects the same file. If it is in quarantine, you can restore it.

Edited by TwinHeadedEagle

I scanned again and it seems to be fixed now. Thanks!