Loss of IPv6 connectivity with latest Malwarebytes release

Hello...interesting problem here which occurred on two Win7 devices having ver. 3.7.1.2839 installed.  Can’t reach any IPv6 sites, despite router assigning addresses, and all iOS devices (without Malwarebytes protection) fully IPv6-connected.  Spent several hours online with a senior engineer from TP-Link via remote access, who by process of elimination nailed the problem.  He disabled the “web protection” option, and now the Windows machines have again full IPv6 connectivity.  Any possible solutions here, as I really don’t want to lose this protection feature in my anti-malware suite.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

OK, ran the Malwarebytes Support Tool, and the upshot is that it installed the *free* version, rather than my licensed app.  I can’t get into my registered account because of lost PW.  Not only that, but the email originally associated with account is no longer active.  So, what’s the next step in order to re-activate paid-up license?

Hello and Welcome, sorry your having issues.

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

I have the exact symptom. I also run Norton Security Online from Comcast, and I've never had a problem running it together with MBAM. But now I don't get SLAAC addressing from my router, and pinging the ipv6 gateway address returns "General Failure". I've reinstalled both Norton Security Online and MBAM. I've added all of the exclusions into Norton for MBAM and into MBAM for Norton that I've found in MBAM support and these forums. I've disabled every feature of Norton Security Online. The symptom doesn't change. But with everything in Norton Security Online enabled if I disable Web Protection in MBAM then ipv6 works fine, I get a global address, I can ping my gateway, I can ping websites, etc. I have MBAM Premium 3.7.1 and Comcast's Norton Security Online version 22.17.2.47. I've applied all of the patches and updates. IPV4 is not affected, whether it's statically assigned or DHCP. I've downloaded the Malwarebytes Support Tool and ran a repair on the current installation of MBAM - no change in symptoms. I've ran "Clean" from the Malwarebytes Support tool - no change in symptoms. I have the same symptom on 2 different workstations both running Windows 10 Pro with all of the latest drivers updates and patches. I also have 6 servers and 4 other workstations that I don't use to surf the net that don't have Norton or MBAM installed and they get all of their ipv4 and ipv6 addressing just fine.

Thank you for reporting this issue.  I will be sure to inform the Developers.  In the meantime if you wouldn't mind, please do the following in order to provide additional details to the team for further investigation:

1. Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Before running the Malwarebytes Support Tool, should I re- enable the “web protection” option?  Our other Windows machine thankfully retains the full licensed version, and we’ve put the Windows laptop operation on hold until Malwarebytes Support can update my account, which we are still awaiting (Ticket 2635986).

• 2 weeks later...