What is LiveDomainList.txt that is full of malware sites in Windows?

Windows/System32/MailContactsCalendarSync/livedomainlists.txt  (also the LiveDomainList.txt is in SysWow64 and WinSxS)

The LiveDomainList.txt file has a bunch of malware sites listed inside.

Do you happen to know what this folder and .txt file is doing on my Windows 10 machine?

The LiveDomainList.txt is being used by:  syncutil.dll which is not a signed file.

Thank You

• Root Admin

Hello @djtmalta123

I don't specifically what the file is for and neither Google or Bing searches provide an authoritative answer. However, it is a valid file on Windows 10 and would appear to be used by programs such as Outlook, Skype, Teams, etc. - my guess is these are sites that Microsoft knows are bad and blocks Ads or data exchange with.

The computer logs indicate you have some policies set against your browsers and possibly other Windows settings. Normally don't want them set on a home computer.

Open your Webroot SecureAnywhere and update it and do a scan with it and it should hopefully come back clean.

The Event Logs do show some possible locking issues which might be due to Webroot SecureAnywhere - you might want to research those errors more to see if you can correct.

Though I cannot answer your question properly I do not believe there is any threat or issue posed by the LiveDomainList.txt file. All of my Windows 10 computers have this file too.

Directory of C:\Windows\System32\MailContactsCalendarSync

03/01/2019  10:31 AM            33,460 LiveDomainList.txt
               1 File(s)         33,460 bytes

Directory of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MailContactsCalendarSync

08/09/2018  07:51 AM            33,460 LiveDomainList.txt

Directory of C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-mccs-syncutil_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1_none_98e4a01c2063c3bc

03/01/2019  10:31 AM            33,460 LiveDomainList.txt

Directory of C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-mccs-syncutil_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1_none_a3394a6e54c485b7

08/09/2018  07:51 AM            33,460 LiveDomainList.txt

Total Files Listed:
               4 File(s)        133,840 bytes

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks