SicardTech

Cockroach Infestations

Posted (edited)

Green is the colour of the foliage in which her web was weaved.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and grammar

On 6/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, David H. Lipman said:

Tall Kitchen garbage bags, 50 Gallon Garbage Bags or standard heavy Duty Contractor bags.

I have thought about the concept of Insecticides. 
One can't guarantee that it will NOT cause corrosion of electronics, circuit bridges, plastic issues and the possibility of causing an allergic or other reaction by customers when they receive back the equipment. 

That all may be dependent on the type of agent and how it is applied.

Are those bags safe for electronics? I specifically remember having an old boss rant about how awful the static produced by those bags were to computers, and he had some fine words for customers who'd bring their computers in trash bags.

Yes, they are safe.

Anti static bags are apropos for components.  However we are dealing with completed products where all the components are all soldered or cabled together.

Yep, it's fine.  As I mentioned, we used to bag up laptops all the time, and that was with large clear plastic bags, they weren't anything special/anti-static or anything and we never once had a failure caused by them.  The components are grounded to the case, plus they automatically get grounded as soon as you plug it into a socket via the power supply so static discharge shouldn't be an issue.  At least I've never known it to be.