SVEC

pop.optional.mail.ru still live

Hi tehere.

I got mail.ru  recently. I deleted all the folders connected with it, and  I suppose removed by adwcleaner, but everytime I open chrome, it said there is a program which  added an extension to chrome, so I remove that, run adwcleaner, it detect it, reeboot, and everything seems to be alright and clean, until I run chrome again. I can set it off, and it could be a solution, but if I try to remove from chrome extension or from the computer by adwcleaner, it appear again and again

I can find no suspicious software installed in directories,  either in the control panel.

But I'm not sure it was removed completely.

P.S. Also I ran the mb support tool (I attached mbst grab results)

mbst-grab-results.zip

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SVEC said:

everything seems to be alright and clean, until I run chrome again.

Is your Chrome synced, and so it's being restored by the syncing?

If you are synced then try turning sync off to see if it stops coming back.

If it is being synced then you'll have to remove it from the Google sync server from within Chrome itself.

ADW can clear your computer, but it can't touch the Google servers for obvious reasons.

Edited by nukecad

I'm sorry guys, but my chrome is not sync (as you can see in the attached images).

It seems, there is  another program takes the trouble to add the pup

I'll try to remove chrome, clean by adw, and install again??

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_6.png

Yes, that's definitely a viable option.

After uninstalling Google Chrome, be sure to also delete the C:\Users\Enzo\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome folder. Once done, reinstall Google Chrome and run AdwCleaner.

Just to add, I'd also suggest installing and performing a scan with Malwarebytes if you haven't done so already just in case some other PUP or malware is present on the system which is reinstalling the PUP in your browser (something we've seen occasionally in the past).  You'll find the latest version of Malwarebytes available for download here.