Trojan:Win32/Sonoko .A!ms and Norton Premium paid version won't install

Hey guys. Had some weird stuff occur on my laptop the last few nights. Firstly, i have a  purchased version or Norton Security Premium and Malwarebytes Premium. Norton gave me a weird message last night stating it needed to run an ipdate but needed to reinstall a newer version too. Once it started doing that, it failed to reinstall. I tried many methods to reinstall it to no avail. I then ran malwarebytes last night and it picked up nothing. However, when i ran Windows Defender, it found Trojan:Win32/Sonoko.A!ms and supposedly successfully removed it. Logs attached and please help as i want to make sure i am clean.

P.S. i still haven't been able to reinstall my paid version of Norton Security Premium

malwarebyteslog.txt Addition.txt FRST.txt

• Root Admin

Don't see any obvious issues. Unless you're dead set on having Norton, the built-in Defender on  Windows 10 is actually pretty solid nowadays. Match that with a paid version of Malwarebytes and you should have pretty good protection.

If you really want the Norton and it''s having issues reinstalling then might need to use their clean removal tool and try a fresh install.

Ron

Ok thanks. Was this Sonoko more or less just a false positive possibly as well? And yah  my buddy just had a few free licenses of Norton so he gave me one but I'm not too concerned. I did try running the removal tools etc but nothing is working so i will just leave it with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes as i agree, they work great together :)

• Root Admin

Difficult to say. Sometimes machine learning finds things that are not real infections.

You can do another scan with Kaspersky to verify nothing found.

Please download and run the following Kaspersky antivirus scanner to remove any found threats

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Let me know if it finds anything or not

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks