bknackstedt01

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (2, 0, MBAMFileIO::ReadFile)

Existing client work successfully, but I'm unable able to update new installations. I receive the attached error message.

2019-06-06_11-13-49.png

Greetings,

Just in case no one shows up to respond to your query in a timely manner, I'd advise going ahead and creating a support ticket by filling out the form on the bottom of this page to receive priority business support which you are entitled to as a business customer.

Has there been any update on this case? I'm having the same problem.  Installed MB from the console all updated fine. Re-imaged the machine and re-installed MB from the console and it doesn't update.

6 minutes ago, bknackstedt01 said:

No progress has been made on the case.

It's extremely annoying, I've moved us from Sophos to MB and am really regretting that decision as MB is buggy as hell. I've already had to disable Anti-Ransomware because there is a BSOD bug with the current version and now any new computers I install won't update automatically but existing ones do??  its not good enough from MB. 

I was able to temporarily get around this by changing it to to download signature updates from the internet rather than management server. The issue is some machines are set to download from the management server and are quite happy to do so. What are the settings required for clients to contact the management server??

Are you guys trying to update these clients via the system tray locally on the endpoint? This tray option only works when set to update signatures from internet. Clients set to receive signatures via the MBMC server only do so during check-in, that is based on the interval set within your policy.

Turned out to be a corrupt  \Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server\PackageTemplate\SCComm.xml file on the management server. Copied from a working server and modified IP address.

Excellent, I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue, thanks for letting us know.