Jump to content
Scottie777

Help with slow computer With Kaspersky

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I am running into a issue with my system taking forever to start, shutdown, running programs, and starting programs as well. I have had Malwarebytes Premium and used Windows defender and it worked great. However I decided to go with Kaspersky Internet Security because it was a deal I got at Walmart,. I have had nothing but dreadfully slow response times on this computer that its driving me up the wall. I am new to this and really trying to make my computer run fast with Malwarebytes Premium and Kaspersky. I have tried everything I could find online. I did the exclusions and turned off Kaspersky Advanced threat. That did nothing. I do have self protect and early startup turned on. I think that may be one issue. However with Early start off its still slow. Can I please get some help. Thank you!!

 

 

screenshotstartup.jpg

another photoscreenshot of now.png

Current At Time of finished log report (now).png

logs.zip mb-check-results.zip Addition.txt FRST.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

 

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:
 

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b
 

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

 

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

  • Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Scottie777 said:

However I decided to go with Kaspersky Internet Security because it was a deal I got at Walmart

I would have stuck with Defender. Kaspersky can be a significant drain on system speed. I personally would not use it if it was free.

That being said, You could exclude Malwarebytes from Kaspersky and Exclude Kaspersky from MB and see if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I would have stuck with Defender. Kaspersky can be a significant drain on system speed. I personally would not use it if it was free.

That being said, You could exclude Malwarebytes from Kaspersky and Exclude Kaspersky from MB and see if that helps.

Hello,

I tried I don't know if i'm excluding the right folders. I just liked some of the features on the Kaspersky like Block Webcam that try to access it on some sights without even telling me. Which is weird to be alerted about. I know that the issue started when I downloaded and started Kaspersky. My computer was very fast before it all. I'm just curious as if the Log reports show anything funny. I don't know what to look for in the logs. 

 

Thanks again,

 

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scottie777 said:

Block Webcam

I seen many things. Tape, band-aid, stick on folder dots. Do you even use the webcam? Is , there are stick on sliders so you can open and close them.

As for the logs, I personally think there is "that" much that can be done to speed up performance other than possibly doing the exclusions. Someone else will get a chance to provide more detailed guides on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The list of items to exclude in your AV for Malwarebytes can be found in this support article and for your AV you should exclude its folder under Program Files and/or Program Files (x86) as well as its primary data folder, likely under C:\ProgramData using the method under the Exclude a File or Folder section of this support article.

As for your webcam, depending on your browser, you should be able to configure it to block access to your webcam.  The Flash Player plugin specifically also has an option for this (the same goes for your microphone).  Aside from that, the free version of HitmanPro.Alert includes webcam protection/alerting along with a few other useful features (including keystroke encryption for web browsers).  It makes a good compliment to Malwarebytes, though I still recommend augmenting your protection with some good browser plugins such as a solid ad blocker such as Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin, something for privacy such as Ghostery, Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, and/or Disconnect, specialized security plugins such as HTTPS Everywhere and Easy WebRTC Block as well as Malwarebytes own browser extension beta which is available at the links below:

Chrome
Firefox

A good WFP based firewall is also a good idea.  You'll find a selection of them below (only choose *ONE*):

Edited by exile360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 7:03 AM, exile360 said:

The list of items to exclude in your AV for Malwarebytes can be found in this support article and for your AV you should exclude its folder under Program Files and/or Program Files (x86) as well as its primary data folder, likely under C:\ProgramData using the method under the Exclude a File or Folder section of this support article.

As for your webcam, depending on your browser, you should be able to configure it to block access to your webcam.  The Flash Player plugin specifically also has an option for this (the same goes for your microphone).  Aside from that, the free version of HitmanPro.Alert includes webcam protection/alerting along with a few other useful features (including keystroke encryption for web browsers).  It makes a good compliment to Malwarebytes, though I still recommend augmenting your protection with some good browser plugins such as a solid ad blocker such as Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin, something for privacy such as Ghostery, Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, and/or Disconnect, specialized security plugins such as HTTPS Everywhere and Easy WebRTC Block as well as Malwarebytes own browser extension beta which is available at the links below:

Chrome
Firefox

A good WFP based firewall is also a good idea.  You'll find a selection of them below (only choose *ONE*):

Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're most welcome :)

I've spent the past 15 years or so running and testing a wide variety of AVs and security tools and applications, and at this point those items I listed above make up a large portion of what I've settled on (in addition to Malwarebytes Premium, of course, though I do have a lifetime license which obviously makes things easier financially, though I wouldn't do without it even if I had to pay the yearly fee, but at least you can get a lot of the functionality/protection it provides in the various betas that Malwarebytes makes available as was mentioned above).  I've got a lot of other goodies that I use as well, but they require more advanced setup and system configuration so I just listed the primary ones that shouldn't give you any trouble setting up.  The web browser is more often than not the primary method of attack for the bad guys plus I'm big on privacy, so that's why I recommend so many plugins.  It isn't the lightest on resources, and you don't have to run all of them, but the ad blocker, the Malwarebytes extension and HTTPS Everywhere are the major ones for blocking the bulk of malicious web content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, exile360 said:

You're most welcome :)

I've spent the past 15 years or so running and testing a wide variety of AVs and security tools and applications, and at this point those items I listed above make up a large portion of what I've settled on (in addition to Malwarebytes Premium, of course, though I do have a lifetime license which obviously makes things easier financially, though I wouldn't do without it even if I had to pay the yearly fee, but at least you can get a lot of the functionality/protection it provides in the various betas that Malwarebytes makes available as was mentioned above).  I've got a lot of other goodies that I use as well, but they require more advanced setup and system configuration so I just listed the primary ones that shouldn't give you any trouble setting up.  The web browser is more often than not the primary method of attack for the bad guys plus I'm big on privacy, so that's why I recommend so many plugins.  It isn't the lightest on resources, and you don't have to run all of them, but the ad blocker, the Malwarebytes extension and HTTPS Everywhere are the major ones for blocking the bulk of malicious web content.

Absolutely amazing information!! I love my Malwarebytes Premium and wouldn't give it up ever either!! I'm going to move slow and take my time so I don't miss anything. I will let you know the end results!! Thanks so much again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good, and feel free to let us know if you run into any snags and need any help setting anything up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.