Avira and Comodo problems

comrademp

Hi.

The problem started on Sept.12, updated my free Avira and it was all good, it was late on the 12 but the update date read Sept.11, thought nothing of it. Went to update on the 13th, and all I would get back through out the day was that I had up to date protection already. OK, then on the 14th, I didn't get any updates, it would go on and on. Thought maybe it's just a lot of traffic to the servers. Today I tried once again to update, drags on and on, and now it seems I can't even connect to the any Avira website (free-AV, Avira forums, etc) and for some reason can't get to the Comodo forum website either. When I try visiting these sites, all I get is the connection timed out message. Any thoughts as to what's going on? I've run Avira, updated MBAM, Spybot and all came back clean. I can visit other AV websites, but not Avira or Comodo.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would advise on a removal of free Avira,anda re-install of Avira. after you download the installer, disconnect from the internet. As for Comodo, you would need it to trust the Malwarebytes files below:

files you need your AV/Firewall for mbam to trust

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref (Windows 2000/XP)

Please post back with how the above went, and/or any questions....regards...

EDIT: Do you get any error messages, ie: #732 or anything else... If you still can't connect to the Avira website?

will try a different approach

I set up my permissions back when I first installed Comodo and Avira so I don't think that's the problem. Just Keep getting these:

The connection has timed out

The server at forums.comodo.com is taking too long to respond.

The connection has timed out

The server at forum.avira.com is taking too long to respond.

The Avira updater keeps going and going but nothing much happens.

About a day or two before I stopped being able to update/connect to avira, I had downloaded an VDF to do a manual update, but it said I was up to date. I kept MBAM, Threatfire, Spybot and scanned but nothing turns up, even did a scan with MBAM in safe mode with networking.

I'm thinking a HJT might be in order.

Follow these instructions please for the HJK forum, good luck, (Last make sure your IE is in the online mode and not the offline mode) thats been an issue, even if you don't use IE.

follow these instructions & post it in the HiJackLog Forum please

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

• 4 weeks later...