Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

License activation issue

Hello,

Sorry for my bad English

The license I have had for almost 10 years never expires and has always been valid for 2 PCs
I have 2 PCs that I just upgraded from W7 to W10.
This license was running on both computers under W7 before switching to W10.
I managed to activate the license on my first PC after upgrading to W10.
But on the second PC, I can not activate the license after upgrading to W10.
I am asked to delete the first PC, yet the license is valid for 2 PC from the beginning that I bought it.
Below you will find two explanatory images. The first image concerns my PC1 and the second image concerns my PC2.
Could you help me solve this problem?

Regards,

PC1

MalwarebytesPC1.PNG

MalwarebytesPC2.PNG

5 minutes ago, PascalC said:

But on the second PC, I can not activate the license after upgrading to W10.
I am asked to delete the first PC, yet the license is valid for 2 PC from the beginning that I bought it.

LIFETIME keys were only sold for ONE PC. A separate key needed to be purchased for each computer. The reason you are seeing this now is of upgrades to the activation server that now enforces the one computer policy/ license terms.  

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

LIFETIME keys were only sold for ONE PC. A separate key needed to be purchased for each computer. The reason you are seeing this now is of upgrades to the activation server that now enforces the one computer policy/ license terms.  

Thank you for wanting to help me.
The key of life was sold during a promotion and worked well on 2 computers. I used it on 2 PC W7 for almost 10 years.
Why would this change after upgrading to W10?

• Root Admin

It's not due to Windows 10. We have enabled the licensing server to properly license the product to the 1-1 model as it was always meant to be. We have never sold multiple computer lifetime licenses. We have for our subscription purchase model but not the lifetime purchase model.

Thank you

Ron

4 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

It's not due to Windows 10. We have enabled the licensing server to properly license the product to the 1-1 model as it was always meant to be. We have never sold multiple computer lifetime licenses. We have for our subscription purchase model but not the lifetime purchase model.

Thank you

Ron 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T1GXL0K/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00T1GXL0K&linkCode=as2&linkId=4KHNDJBOCDF4TUOS&tag=dealabs-20&ascsubtag=0c003man9551

Note: You can access this item in Your Software Library. The number of computers eligible for installation may vary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/swvgdtt/your-account/manage-downloads.html/ref=dsvdp_note?ie=UTF8

This is the kind of promotion I got and it worked well on 2 PC W7. I remain convinced that the problem comes from the upgrade to W10.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed live hyperlinks

• Root Admin

I won't argue with you, but I will go ahead and close the topic as we're unable to assist with licensing issues on the forum.

For licensing issues, please do the following: 

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thank you

Ron