Malwarebytes Easter Egg in Ralph Breaks the Internet!

exile360

I didn't see this posted anywhere around here and happened to spot the unmistakable Malwarebytes logo while watching Ralph Breaks the Internet this evening and found a posting about it on Reddit:

o7fxr54gl2l21.png

One of the Malwarebytes staff commented on the thread as well.

Here is the (relatively) spoiler-free context of how it shows up, but I've placed parts in spoiler tags anyway just in case any of you haven't seen it and don't want any plot details spoiled:

Spoiler

While seeking to stop a massive viral attack, our heroes consult a search engine on what to do and he advises them to go to

the 'Antivirus District' which is represented by a large building containing the logos of many well known AV/AM products, and featured front and center is the blue Malwarebytes logo plain as day :) 

Other products featured are Kaspersky, BitDefender, Sophos, Rising, Trend Micro, Avira, Avast, COMODO, ESET, AVG, Emsisoft, Safe Network, Symantec and (I believe) Windows Defender (the Windows 10 version, represented by the blue shield composed of 4 quadrants).  Later in the film when actually approaching the building you can also see Webroot and the Malwarebytes logo again briefly.

Anyway, the coolest part is obviously this:

malwarebytes-for-mac-613x400.jpg

• 4 years later...