Malwarebytes keeps blocking an outbound connection to domclickext.xyz, but can't find where the file is coming from after multiple scans. I've uninstalled Chrome and started with a clean install and it's still coming back. 

I've attached a text log of the protection event. If there is anything else I can provide, please let me know. 

Thank you in advance.

domclick.txt

Thank you for the reply. I followed the directions, and after a few failed attempts, I ultimately uninstalled Chrome, deleted all browser data, and reinstalled it. So far, the attempted outbound connection hasn't come back. While scanning, neither Malwarebytes nor Adwcleaner could find any issues (nor could any other software, for that matter). 

Thank you for the help, Ron. I appreciate it. 

• Root Admin

You're quite welcome. Let me leave you with the following advice to help you keep your system safe and clean going forward.

Let's get real. If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. 
If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though)

Help Secure your browsers

Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge
AdBlock for Internet Explorer
How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018

This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings

Follow-up Reading

Everything you need to know about cybercrime
10 easy ways to prevent malware infection 
Keep your data backed up

Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help.

Ron

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks