Known issues for Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903

• Root Admin

Known issues for Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

Current status:
Windows 10, version 1903 is available by manually selecting “Check for updates” via Windows Update. (Note We are slowly throttling up this availability while we carefully monitor data and feedback.) The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual Channel.

Quite a few issues, some that are even show stoppers that have not been resolved yet

AMD and USB issues look to be some of the show stoppers or require manual workarounds

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Well, I'm back on Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.175 as Microsoft felt it was time I updated again whether or not I wanted to.

I built a fresh installation of my VM for Windows 7 testing and so far it's working properly as it should.

Thanks for the feedback @Firefox

Now if you can test that Grammarly 🙂

I got intrigued and installed the FF add on (without registering).

I'm not sure, it seems to be picking up speeling mistooks, but underlining different sections of text from the misspelled ones.

Could be because I wouldn't sign up just to try it out? (Doesn't look anything like the above screenshot either).

Edited by nukecad

• Root Admin

Yes, thanks everyone. That is my point and my concern. It is not due to Firefox or Chrome updates. The plugin continues to work so far on any other forum I have visited except here on Malwarebytes. It seems to have broken from one of the last two updates from IPS. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue, which shows that you are but only here on this site.

I will go ahead and report it to IPS

Thank you everyone

• Root Admin

Reply from IPS Support

Grammarly is intentionally disabled in the editor as of Invision Community 4.4.4. Grammarly does not work well with CKEditor in that it can modify the submitted contents and "break" posts, so we were forced to disable it.

We will revisit this decision when we explore upgrading CKEditor to version 5, as it is our understanding that the CKEditor developers are working with the Grammarly developers to ensure better compatibility for their version 5 releases.

Here's to hoping they get the issue resolved quickly

Yeah, I kinda hate the editor here on the forums.  It's always trying to automatically hotlink any URL you paste inline which is frustrating for those of us who deliberately format them with keywords to fit inline with conversational text (resorting to writing it all out manually, including the associated BBCode in notepad and copy/pasting it is the only workaround I've found so far) and any time there is a quoted block of text, including one created manually, it doesn't honor the closed quote tag properly so that any text entered manually or copy/pasted inline following the closed quote tag is automatically consumed and included in the resulting quote box when posted making it appear as though commentary/comments following a quote are part of the quote itself.  This makes trying to cite sources inline virtually useless and impossible.  What's worse, once you've posted a quote you cannot edit the contents of the quote box as the editor will not allow it.  It becomes a permanent, unchangeable piece of content basically treated like an image or something.  It's kind of ridiculous and very frustrating.  That particular flaw has been present ever since the very first 'upgrade' IPS made to the forums when they first abandoned BBCode as the standard and it's been with us ever since.