benjiM

Believe i'm infected: have to run everything as admin, or get error w/ .exe

Hi there, 

Believe i'm infected, have to run lots of programs as admin or i get an error unable to find the .exe to which each shortcut links. Also, some things just don't work. Programs that shouldn't open, do. Ones that should, don't. Everything seems sketchy... I'm relatively savvy, just inebriated so would appreciate any and all assistance!

Attaching the two files as directed to by the/a tutorial for getting support here.

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Get a bunch of errors on boot re: app .exe files. Bitdefender won't even work properly, "services are not responding".
Scans from Malwarebytes and Bitdefender come back with Veshta hits.
Ran the AVG Veshta tool and rebooted, let it run on boot etc. 

Thanks for any and all help!

*neshta, sorry. can't see how to edit my post - apologies for the spam.

and the scan is here. seems resolved now after using everything (MWB scan, MWB Anti-Rootkit Beta, ADW, BitDefender full scan, AVG deep scan, AVG neshta tool).

Thanks anyway!

mwb 22may2019.txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Glad to see that all is well.

The topic will be kept open for 6 days.

If you have any issues please let me know and I will try to help you.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:38 PM, nasdaq said:

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Glad to see that all is well.

The topic will be kept open for 6 days.

If you have any issues please let me know and I will try to help you.

Hi Nasdaq,

Thanks for your reply...I shouldn't need any further assistance at the moment but I appreciate it nonetheless! 

Please close (or, delete if possible) this topic,

Thanks!

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks