Adblocker Not Working

I have Malwarebytes app version 1.4.0 with ad blocker version 1.0.2019050909 and my iphone is running ios 12.3.

Problem is no matter what website I go to that has ads none of them are being blocked. I have adblock turned on, tried deleting and reinstalling the app and yes I know the ad blocker definitions are updated. It's been like this the whole time since version 1.0.2019050909 been released but been hoping someone at malwarebytes would have noticed something so obvious by now. 

I attached just one example of a website with ads not being blocked but it does it on all sites that have ads

552782A1-7196-4F5B-8961-37DC95D240E0.png

Click on the green blue triangle with the "i" inside for information about such ads and the "x" to dismiss them.

Edited by alvarnell

38 minutes ago, MAXBAR1 said:

If it could be useful with this configuration of Malwarebytes beta

2C9BD82D-8CD5-485C-83F3-17B0806D0BFD.thumb.jpeg.42999b54400da8823005bbf531cb1f4c.jpeg

on the same site bleepingcomputer.com the adblocker works properly and there are no banners

I'm not sure why it's not working for me then. I tested the adblocker on my ipad and see the ads on there also

11 minutes ago, Gamerear21 said:

I'm not sure why it's not working for me then. I tested the adblocker on my ipad and see the ads on there also

Because those are from AdChoice and you if you don't want to see them you will need to control them separately.

23 hours ago, alvarnell said:

Because those are from AdChoice and you if you don't want to see them you will need to control them separately.

Umm no lol before Malwarebytes ios app version 1.4 I had no trouble with every ad being blocked. If you see the other persons post above he's on app version 1.3.3 with the latest adblock version and seen no ads on the same website that i did see ads. So now I suspect version 1.4 broke something. It would make no sense for someone to download an app to block ads and have to go to a ad agency website to opt out. For testing purposes I downloaded another adblocker and every ad on every website was blocked so I guess for now i'll uninstall malwarebytes ios app until they fix it

I've used other adblockers that allow AdSense ads, which are generally considered to be less intrusive and as you mentioned, easy to opt out of. Not sure why you would choose to uninstall instead of opt out, but it's certainly up to you.

With Malwarebytes i'm not just getting adsense ads but even intrusive ads that don't have those [x] to close them. Before app version 1.4 every ad was blocked but now no ad gets blocked for me. Opting out of adsense requires cross site tracking to be turned off in safari settings and must remain off according to the website and I for one don't like to be tracked. Currently the reputable adblocker i'm using blocks every ad even those from adsense as a good adblocker should. If adblockers you used showed them then they weren't that good. I'll give malwarebytes another try in the future when they get this fixed 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

It looks like there's a bug with iOS 12.3, because our database that was well below Apple's RAM usage limitations is suddenly consuming more than twice the amount of RAM that it used to, which is pushing it over the limit and causing the ad blocking extension to crash. Strangely, it seems to be inconsistent... the easiest way to reproduce was to uninstall and reinstall, or install the app for the first time on a device, while existing installs seemed to be fine (AFAICT).

We've made some optimizations to the database to get it back down below the limit, so everything should work fine again now. We have also reported this to Apple so that it can (hopefully!) be fixed.