Personal AV entered my PC

Hi everybody,

My name is Jean-michel. I am french and would like to benefit from your skills given I have been infected with Personal AV.

I have removed from MSCONFIG the Netfilter.exe ( I do not know if it is related with Personal AV ) and then have run a Malware full scan and a Hijackthis scan ( as an administrator on a Vista Home premium PC ).

Here are the logs.

Just for an information, the ".log" files are not permitted to be uploaded.

I have then changed the name from log to txt.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean-michel

mbam_log_2009_09_15__11_24_09_.txt

hijackthis.txt

• Staff

Hi,

Your logs don't really make sense since the HijackThislog was made before the malwarebytes scan.

In anyway,

First of all, please update MalwareBytes, because the databaseversion is outdated.

• Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates"
  • Once the updates are downloaded, perform a quick scan again.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log, then we'll proceed from there with new steps.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Do not attach your logs, but copy and paste them in the thread instead.

• 2 weeks later...